Boxing Day @ Virginia Beach!

tapout

Well I couldn't resist going again today as the forecast for the weekend has me wondering, so I decided to take advantage of hitting the ice now.

All I can say is :thumbsup_anim: to the numbers. I set up just about parallel to the huts but not further out. I found a little hole that was about 10 - 12 fow. Within one minute I had fish on. Followed by another. It slowed a bit and I got about a dozen keepers in an hour and through back about as many small ones. Then the bite died off for about an hour with only about half a dozen in total with 5 of those going back down the hole. Then a heavy snowsquall came over the area with some gusty winds as well. Not enjoyable weather except......the bite turned on as the light dimmed. I then got, in the next hour and a half, about another 50 keeping in total for the day 40 keepers and about 40 - 50 throw backs. All from the same 2 holes. I got two jumbos about 12 inches or so. I saw two other guys out there who had some real hogs. About 15 inches +.

Most of the slush had hardened overnight with some again being found around the snow drifts. In total there were about 20 - 25 people out and for the most part everyone I talked to caught fish .

Hope the weather stays cool for you guys who are venturing out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tony.

Hey Tony, glad you are getting out, and having success. Haven't really seen you around this board much for a bit. But, then again, I am not around here much also.

Read it daily, but just skim over most posts unless something really catches my eye. Right now, being off work until Jan. 2nd, I have a bit more time to read everything.

Hope to have reports with pictures starting sometime in January, if work permits.