Are Electonics turning Fishing

danbo

Danbos comment regarding ice fishing would seem like common sense to me. As far as soft water goes, I try and do as much research as I can before hitting the water with maps, weather patterns, books on fish behavior and talking to other anglers. Try and get as many different maps of the area you´re going to be fishing and whittle down the spots you intend to try first and form some semblance of a gameplan. Theres always something that will make you change that gameplan along the way. But without that primary research, especially on new water you´re starting out guessing and could be wasting valuable time trying inappropriate methods to achieve your goal of catching fish. Once you are on the water, as far as gadgets go, a FF is ahead of a trolling motor IMO. Then trolling motor followed by a GPS. On bigger water with lots of unfamiliar water, a GPS isn´t a requirement. But more time to learn the water is. Just have to quadrant reeally big water and saturate the area to learn it. That being said, there are times when I really wished I had a GPS to explore a small hump that was a potential goldmine only to search for a long time and discover that it was devoid of fish and could have spent my time more wisely if I could have found the spot right away. One final point would be in regard to money fishermen. If I was one, I would want every tool I could get my hands on. I think in the end, it really boils down to what you´re looking to get out of a day on the water and how you feel most comfortable achieving that goal.

the only thing i got is a gps for getting me in and out of lakes. i dont use a fish finder or flasher or anything. a fish finder is only good for depths not anything else. i look for spots ice fishing but the shore line, i can find drop offs, points and shoals. i always seem to do good. if i dont do that well then i go back, i know they are there. its a whole game finding the fish in its self. you take the fun out using all those gizmos!

the only thing i got is a gps for getting me in and out of lakes. i dont use a fish finder or flasher or anything. a fish finder is only good for depths not anything else. i look for spots ice fishing but the shore line, i can find drop offs, points and shoals. i always seem to do good. if i dont do that well then i go back, i know they are there. its a whole game finding the fish in its self. you take the fun out using all those gizmos!

Afish finder is only good for depths !!!!....YA OK...not like mine shows the thermalcline,or my cannonballs for downrigger tracking,or detecting rock bottom,or mud/sand combo,for bottom bouncing for walleyes ...no they are no good for anything else,are they !!!! Hmmmm lets see you go get me a few big king salmon,and follow the temperature breaks,and follow baitfish !!!! well what do i know about fish finders,they only find depth nothing else,check a few of my posts and you will see what they can see !!!!

i just walk down to the st.marys and catch more then enough kings then i'll ever want. i fish small inland lakes, i feel no real need for a finder. i always do decent, i never got skunked once this year and i tried alot of new lakes. and as i said its more fun and more of a game going to a lake blind. my buddy has a fishfinder like yours and we used it once and we used it for about ten minutes. i never fish the great lakes maybe they are more useful out there.