sault ste. marie

pike slayer

hey guys, i went out to tilley lakes today which past the chippewa river up the mile 38 road. there is 8inches of ice on the lake! fishing was extremely slow!! only got 3 walleye!! this summer i killed that lake coming home with my limit of walleye and smallies. ahh well good warm up/tease. theres enough ice to go out on the sleds and definitly enough to walk. just take caution to running water because its still open! good luck!

ya it as me and my buddy, we had the old beat dodge dakota and there was 2 other guys that were there before us. the other guys are the ones that keep their camper there all year. the other guys did better then us gettng 5 walleye and 2 whitefish that they took home. the one guy had a honey hole catching probably 10-15 baby walleyes. and perch!?!?! ive never heard of or seem a perch in the tilleys. only walleye, smallies, whitefish, specks, and suckers. yous were thr ones that walked out and fished the upper then left after an hour or so and went to the lower eh? we were getting them deep at around 20feet.