Bay of Quinte Ice Conditions

DT10Sam

Hi Everyone,

I just pm'd some of you that have sent me emails. The ice conditions on the Bay of Quiinte are extremely tricky at this stage. There are areas that have good black ice and then there are areas that require a few more days in order for it to be any good. In some areas such as Big Island where some of hte guides operate (Hawg Hunter) there is a good 4-5" of black ice and it is ready to go. Yesterday one of the locals went out at Rushbar and it is not safe to go there at all at the present time. Some areas are extremely tricky with the water currents under the ice eroding the ice and the thickness there is less than 2".

This is also the time of year that someone will fall through and those are reports that I hate to post or hear about. Be careful if you are coming up for the early walleye catch.

Again this year a couple of local guides will be meeting at our store in the morning and taking their clients out form here over to private property to gain access on the Bay of Quinte. He also posts on this boards and he goes by the name of "Hawg Hunter" and he is extremely knowledgeable of the Bay of Quinte. I know that some of you have used him in the past and have had great experiences with him and his partner.

That is it for now and I hope to post some results soon of any local fish being caught and of course whenever I sneak out there I will post some pics as well. Oooooopppps almost forgot, we do have minnows now they were delivered yesterday.

Best regards,

Sam

Thanks for the ice conditions update sam !!!...i hope the weather co-operates and the bay has enough ice to get through the warm weather thats comming,they also say rain is on the way too...but we will be down there fishing soon,and we will stop by and see you sam,like mike the pike said, happy holidays sam !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: