On Sale at Princess Auto

Spiel

The short story is on the "Car Problems" thread. A few days ago I received an email from some site called spoonpullers that even knew I was Canadave and asked me to register. You guys probably got it too. I went to it but it was a pain in the butt and took forever but it at least reminded me of OFC so I though I'd drop in. I only checked a few threads and noticed that there are lots of new guys but a lot seemed to have disappeared but I could be wrong. The wife and I almost went up to Lakair last June but didn't. I can't remember why ... probably because I'm so cheap. Anybody know how Kevin and Leslie are doing these days? With the economy and Canadian dollar I suspect business was down this summer. A fishing camp on near by Red Horse lake was down about 20% this year but with the U.S. buck up 20 %, hopefully 09 will be better for them. They're good people.

My fishing skills have dramatically improved this year. I caught two pike. One was 8 pounds 12 ounces which is the biggest fish I ever caught in my life. It wasn't all that exciting. Most of the time I thought I was trying to get free from a snag. I can't remember if I mentioned it before but last year I upgraded my 40 HP Yamaha to a 50 HP. I always had trouble starting the 40 which is rare as Yamahas are good motors but the 50 is electronic fuel injected whatever that means and always starts on the first crank. Another neat thing is that a supermodel bought the house next door but unfortunately she's too young to realize that guys in their 60s like me are actually hotter than young pups in their 20s like her new husband. I figure that by the time she finally figures it out I'll be about 103 and she'll be a prune. :wallbash: Life just isn''t fair. I can hardly wait until my next life.

Hi Fish Farmer ...

The Harbercraft is fine at least it is now after getting repaired. Last fall I went down to take it out on a beautiful fall day with the fall leaves at their best for the last boat ride of the year when I discovered that a tree had fallen on it which totaled the windshield. The insurance covered it but the canvas didn't fit as well after it was repaired. This fall I was out when the back canvas slipped over the stern and the prop wrapped around it so the back curtain ain't quite as cute now as it was.