the NEW King of Ice Sonar?

danbo

Go for the 55. you can get it for $550 right now at riversideoutdoors.ca

I got the 45 and wish I would have just sprung for the extra 100 bucks. At least with the 45 they have a mail in rebate offer for the soft carrying case (which comes with the 55). Plus the 55 has a little more peak to peak power.

I used mine on the weekend and loved it. 1/2 inch target separation was deadly. Marked my minnow and my spoon it was attached to. It's fast, the display is big and bright and the dynamic LCD display is a step in the right direction for flashers. Gives an auto depth read out and displays other flasher functions like noise reduction and gain, plus more.

Good luck with your decision. In the end they all do the same thing.

Thanks Guys

I would need the carrying bag so another + for the 55.

I am gonna call Riverside and find out about shipping costs.

Ben You are exactly right on the 'All do the same thing' I have seen many Vex and Marcums in action and they both work very well.

It looks like the Hummingbird will be about the same but with the added LCD Depth readout.

Rick

Who has tried the Showdown I am still thinking about it I just dont see my self spending $500 for a flasher I'm not saying they are not worth it but I can buy some extra musky stuff for the $$$ I save. From many I have talked with they seem to like the Showdown but to each there own I am still in the dark ages with my sonar shes a gray scale but works great.