Leafs are the new 'Nucks?

walleyejigger

First they bring in Burke and now Nonis. Next they need the Sedins and Luongo, and you might have a team.

"sedin is not english for... puch me or headlock me in a scrum" classic

they play the caps, tonight, can they shut down ovechkin?

G HABS GO no brodeur in net, they have an actual shot at beating them

I know leafs fans are all excited about Burke, and I admit he's a huge step up over Fergison, but expecting the same success as he had in Anaheim may be a bit much. He did a good job there but i think some of it was very lucky:

1. The trade for Pronger was made because he demanded to leave Edmonton, Burke was smart to get him but if pronger doesn't demand to move he's obviously never traded.

2. the S. Niedemeyer signing was done because he wanted to play with his brother who was already a duck. A good move again but probably move lucky than anything.

2 key players that were mostly acquired by good fortune, can't expect that to happen again. I do believe he'll help the maple laughs but i also think they'll be a cellar dweller for a few years before big improvements are made.

BTW: I do agree that Chicago may be quietly building something big!

2 key players that were mostly acquired by good fortune, can't expect that to happen again. I do believe he'll help the maple laughs but i also think they'll be a cellar dweller for a few years before big improvements are made.

That's why they gave him a SIX year contract...

...patience...patience