3 more Canadian soldiers killed

lew

Thanks for taking the time to write that Hammercarp, and it seems like more & more civilians are coming out to the hiways to show their respect every time this happens. I was listening to the radio last night and they were saying that it's even made the news in Europe about how Canadians are honouring our soldiers in this way.

Several years ago there were 4 soldiers killed and one of them was from Toronto, and I attended the funeral service and couldn't believe how many civilians were there for the same reason. There were hundreds of people there and it was so nice to see so many strangers gathered together for the same purpose.

It must mean an awful lot to the guys who are putting it all on the line for us, to know that so many of us back here are appreciative of what their doing and are willing to take some time out of their schedules to show them the respect that they most certainly deserve.

It's a good change I see from this. I am glad to see our fallen receiving the final respect they deserve. That Canadians once again care for their sons and daughters.

It wasn't that long ago when the news media and the public could've cared less about them. I've 'stood to' for friends and messmates and seen only a handful in attendance back during the Trudeau years. A minister of defence who declined to attend the funeral of a local son in his riding, killed while peacekeeping. Back when "soldier" or "sailor" were dirty words. Careers " only deemed suitable for backward yokels and the mentally challenged" as one Canadian journalist put it.

They faithfully served their country. They have, regretably, died on Canada's behalf. They deserve to be honoured and respected for their sacrifice. Thank you for your report Hammercarp