Site upgrade timeline

bigfish1965

Here's the deal. I think we can go ahead with the new system upgrade. Whatever issues there were appear to be resolved...but that doesn't mean we won't run into any new ones.

The upgrade contains a full version set of changes and new features. There will be a completely revamped posting area with new junk for you guys to play wiht. Also you will able to embed YouTube or Google Video right into your posts.

There is also a big component we are thinking of trying out. We'll see how the moderators vote on whether or not we can try and keep it effectively monitored.

The new version also offers a huge personal profile area. This is especially of interest to guides and pros but will be very handy for everyone. You'll have a greatly enhanced Control Panel to set your preferences.

Issues I suspect will come up..

1. I can't log in or stay logged in. Solution- Delete cookies for this site and clear cache.
  2. Some graphics appear wrong or links do not work. Solution- Some stuff is hand coded, some built in. Stuff that is hand coded or modified may be affected if the page or file it refers to or is coded on has been changed or overwritten. Just be patient with that one.

Stay tuned...there will also be some big news, some small news and some more big news.

MY spell check is gone . I had it but it is gone now and also now the chatt room is also gone . IS this just my pc or has it been removed. for some reason .

THANKS KEITH

Edited by mrpike

MY spell check is gone . I had it but it is gone now and also now the chat room is also gone . IS this just my pc or has it been removed. for some reason .

THANKS KEITH

Hi Kieth. My spell check is still on. The misspelled word is red underlined, double left click to highlight and right click will bring up proper spelling.

Live Chat has been moved to the top of the page in the information bar under the advertising..

No this is just software upgrading..not a new software system. Re-enlisting will never have to happen again.

Never say never, Rick! Who knows what the next generation board will be like. All I know is, I will want to be a member as long as I have access to a computer...

Good work, thanks for keeping us posted.

:thumbsup_anim:

Mike