Lake Erie walleye 11-28-08

Bob Devine

Well it may have been the last kick at the can with ice starting to form all over. I fished with tournament partner Steve Velte and hit Erie a about 9am-1:30pm. We fished south of Pelee Island and beat them up pretty good boating 23 walleyes and losing about 9 or 10. Cranks were the ticket, slow with a variety of colours working, purple perch, pink squirrel, and blk wonderbread. Hopefully there will be a warm spell sometime soon. I remember a few yrs back fishing into Jan and the fishing was excellent then too.

Erie_11_28_08_006.jpg

Some really respectable fish there Bob. Congrats to you. Out of curiosity, was there a range of year classes in there or were they all in the same size class?

Wonderbread....as in Reef Runners?

Thanks for sharing that.

Most of the fish we caught were 6-8# with 3 over 10# and only 4 about 3-4#. Reef Runners make great lures and they are made nearby, Marblehead OH and have fish catching colours.

As far as the MWC championship in 2009 my partner Steve Velte and I will be facing a very tough field with plenty of talented anglers. I will be on the water for a wk prefishing for the event. Thankfully it will be on Erie and Steve and each have a Ranger 621, so we can cover plenty of water. Because we finished 2nd for team of the year on the Masters Walleye Circuit we also qualified for the Cabela's National Team Championship that is being held on Devils Lake in North Dakota but with the economy the way it is we are not sure if we will go. After 24 yrs the auto supplier I work for will be closing soon. The good news is I will be fishing more by guiding full time in 2009.

Thanks for the encouraging words,

2nd_MWC.jpg

Awesome catch bob !!!! congrats on your very succesful 2008 fishing season, :worthy::worthy: and if you go to devels lake,i know you guys will hammer them big time !!!! very impressive 2nd place finish too, :clapping: you guys are up against some of the best walleyeguys in the world,glad you guys represent us canadian walleye fishermen !!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: