Rage 3 Broadhead debate

centerpin_drift

Last night I finally got a chance to put the rage 3 to the test and let me tell you, it lived up to its name. Earlier today i made a post of the deer i tagged last night and i wanted to show you the entrance wound this broadhead created. Mind you I did shoot this buck at 6 steps from my tree stand 15 feet off the ground, but it had no problem punching through the rib cage and putting a perfect star in his heart and lungs and stopped just inside the skin on the exit side. All three blades deployed perfect, while some people say two or only one deployed for them. Ive spent endless hours in my stand watching ice build up on the tip of my broadhead and wondering if it was going to open on impact, and it opened, ice and all. He didn't run more then 100 yards and the blood trail was rediculous. Im shooting a fred bear mossy oaks 32 special set at 68 pounds, Beaman ICS camo hunter 400 grain arrow fletched with 4" quickspins, and tipped with the rage 3. My bow is definitally not the fastest on the market and my arrows dont have the most penetration power out there, but the rage cut a perfect whole and punched hard. I recommened Rage 3 for anyone hunting with a compound bow. Im going to continue to hunt with them and my buddy is waiting to put them to the test.

423.JPG

422.JPG

424.JPG

I tested many heads on the market, including the rage heads when they came out. They pack a punch even with the slowest FPS bow. I know many people that use them with no complaints. Personally I love my Slick Tricks, but I like to try something different from time to time.

BTW great buck. Perfect entrance and shot.

Congrats

Daniel

all those fixed blade broadheads fly different then field tips, unlike the rage, which flies exactly like a field point even in high winds. Last year i shot the G5 montec and even tho it flew nice, it still gave the arrow a less then perfect flight. Slick tricks look alot like muzzy's, and from what i know about muzzy 3 and 4 blade, they fly like poop in any wind, and has more surface area to catch a twig or leaf. Rage 3's fly tight and compact, no wind drift and i can splip my arrow through the smallest openings in the thickets brush

Any broadhead, expandible or fixed , cheap or expensive will do a great job with a well placed shot . I have some expandibles but dont have the confidence that they will open perfect every time so i shoot fixed blade for now .. So instead of me bragging up a specific type of head i practice making good shots. Heck the first deer i got with the bow was with the cheapest head available, I think it was 12 bucks for a pack of 3 at walmart .. so basically dont get caught up in the hype over a certain brand of head because they all work with a good shot.. :canadian: