Best Walleye Lake

Stoty

sounds like your pretty firm on wanting a small lake, but I'll mention this anyways. The St. Lawrence River has some excellent walleye fishing in the Iroquois/Morrisburg area. Had many days with 40ish fish boated and always get some size in there. I'd say the average is about 3lbs with the bigguns we've caught going up to 12+. Plus since its a major water body there are always some decent pike mixed in there. PM me if you want more specifics on locations/techniques.

Just a question

I took a look at the latest harvest statistics I have (2005) for ZEC Restigo. According to those harvest statistics, if there are any lakes in the ZEC JAMMED full of walleye, I guess they weren't biting in 2005. The best ZEC Restigo walleye harvest stat in 2005 was 1.53 walleye per fishing day on Lake Restigo. Has the ZEC opened some different walleye lakes since 2005 where the walleye fishing is better? I'll have to send away for the latest stats.

The stats they publish are pretty much based on what people keep, not what they actually catch. They are also based on voluntary reporting, so unfortunately there is a fair bit of crap.

Check out Lac Pin Blanc, or Watch, or Du Fils.

I have fished them all dozens of times - worst miserable cold front day on the water was still about a 20 walleye day. Normal days are 50 to 100 walleye Per angler. YUP Jammed with em.

Cheers Mike

Zec_Pike.jpg

Hi Mike:

Thanks for replying to my post. You made a good point about how records are kept within the ZECs. Its truly sad that some fishermen seem reluctant to accurately report their catches to fish biologists trying to manage the resource.

Anyway, for the lakes you mentioned, according to the 2005 harvest stats, for Pin Blanc, 770 walleye were reported harvested during 638 fishing days (number of fishermen X number of days fished) for an average success rate of 1.21. Similarly, for Lac du Fils, 2399 walleye were harvested during 1953 fishing days for an average success rate of 1.23. There were no stats reported in 2005 for Lac Watch.

Continued success with your walleye fishing in la belle provence. My walleye fishing is in the same general area of Quebec (e.g. Lac Kipawa, Lac Ogascanane, Lac Sasseginaga and Lac Truit).

Jay