The credit river arounf Belfountain Conservation Area

MarcusDiGiovanni

Hello, all.

I was just on google researching some places to fish when I stumbled across Trout Unlimiteds website, they went on and on then finnaly they gave me a link to the CVC's website. From there it mentions fishing at Belfountain Conservation area, Ken Whillans Resource Managment Area, The Forks Of The Credit, Charles Saurio Conservation Area, and the Forks Of The Credit. I'm curious as to weather these Locations will hold any Brown or Brook trout, or even some rainbows. The only areas i've heard about are Bronte around the provincial park area and Erindale Park, which was a little crouded for my likings. (erindale park that is, havent tried bronte). If anyone knows of any locations or are even willing to P.M Me some spots, all information is apreciated :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Thanks, Marcus

P.S are there any cutthroat trout in Ontario? I don't think so but I just though i'd ask :):(

the credit is an amazing river. All sections of the river hold brooks and browns, it's just being able to find them. Its a pressured river, especially at erindale, but it's very productive. The river is closed right now other than erindale park and the mouth.

Nope, no cut throats in ontario.

Bronte other than the mouth is closed as well

the credit is an amazing river. All sections of the river hold brooks and browns, it's just being able to find them. Its a pressured river, especially at erindale, but it's very productive. The river is closed right now other than erindale park and the mouth.

There are large portions of both of those rivers open in the lower sections. Far more than simply Erindale and the mouths of the rivers.....

Here's a link that might be of interest to you Marcus: http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR_E001335.pdf

And this will give you some extra info on Huron, Gbay tribs: http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsF...age/198482.html

Anything in the upper areas of the Credit is obviously closed. As far as trout fishing goes, you are definitely going to be limited to migratory species (Brown and Rainbow) on the lower reaches of various tribs. Those two links should get you started!

dave

Marcus

Bronte is not closed now.

BRONTE CREEK

Bronte is open from Lakeshore Road (highway 2) down to Lake Ontario - all year.

Since there is no longer a sanctuary from Lakeshore to Rebecca, Bronte now has an extended season from Lakeshore to the south side of highway 407 until December 31.

CREDIT RIVER

Credit River is open from the south side of highway 403 bridge down to Lake Ontario - all year.

The Credit River also has an extended fall season until December 31 - from the south side of Britannia road to the south side of highway 407 bridge in Brampton.

UPPER CREDIT

As far as the upper Credit, be aware that there are in certain areas, special regulations or additional restrictions.

carp-starter

Read the regulations just in case I made a typo error.