Looking for Opinions on Lowrance X510c Series Sonar

TroutnMuskieHunter

Hi Folks....

My daughter wants to buys me a better fish finder for Christmas :thumbsup_anim: and I saw this one on sale at Cabelas ----> Lowrance X510c Series Sonar $399.00....she lives in Georgia so the U.S. - CAN $$$ conversion does not matter...

Does anyone have any GOOD or BAD feedback or opinions regarding this sonar or other suggestions???

Thanks,

Steve

well,its a nice unit for sure,i sent you a link to the lowrance site,so you can check out all the info,as well they have simulator models you can download to see how it works right from your computer !!!! i hope the link works for you,so you can forward the info to santa !!! lol..lol cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine...hfinders/X510C/

Thanks for the reply Shawn!.....I was hoping to get some feedback from members that actually own/owned this model to see what that had to say..good or bad..

I've owned the X40 and I now have the X75 which is on my pontoon boat....both these models have been great for use as "depth" finders, but I really have never been able to get them to actually show arches on the screen...I'm figuring because they are a lower $$$$ model...

Any comments????

Steve

The X510c is the unit I use Steve and I'm very happy with it.

It's accurate and the images are clear, precise and easy to read and it shows hooks with no problem, specially in deeper water. Even at 40 MPH it still reads the bottom well.

The only inconsistancy I've noticed is that it doesn't read well in shallow waters and basically just flashes until it gets a bit deeper, but I'm not concerned with that at all cause when I'm in 6 FOW I don't need the sonar anyways.

Evidentely this is a common quirk with some of the newer Lowrances and I think it can be rectified with an update, but to me it's not worth worrying about.

As mentioned by fishindevil, you can go to the Lowrance website and download the emulator and try it out on your computer.

Yes, I'd definetely recommend this unit.......but that's only my opinion.

Edited by lew

Thanks Lew!!!....I've seen that Lowrance has come out with the new HDS series but I just can't justify spending the $$$$$$$ on toys like that....I'm trying to save up and buy a boat that I can trailer around and feel safe in out on larger bodies of water like Lake O.. :Gonefishing: ....the pontoon is great for the Ottawa R ....it goes into the water as soon as the ice goes off and stays in until ice forms in the fall but it's not something that you want to tow around!!

I don't really have an opinion on the sonar you mention, but your daughter sounds like a wonderful person :)

She is a wonderful person Radnine...She's my "baby", that fished with me from when she was 6 months old to now, that all of a sudden grew up, met a great guy from Marietta, GA, got married, moved to the US :( and has made me a proud Grampa of a lovely little girl....

I love her to death!!! :)