ice report Bay of Quinte Jan/21/07

skevys

We have good ice measuring anywhere’s from 4 to 5&1/2 inches in certain areas. I still say to those that are venturing out to take extreme caution there are a lot of bad area’s out there. Again I do know the bay and its bad habits. I know there are a lot of people out there wanting to venture out but I do know we need more cold nights before we can have a secure feeling. Once again I will remind all that the fellows that report to me are the best on the ice and have been doing it for years longer than most. The one fellow is the top guide in the area and when he is telling his own clients to wait it out, I listen. To him safety is far more important than money. And my attitude is the same. I have been keeping a close eye on it my-self and trust me there are some real bad area’s that look good ,but when I can put my spud through with one good poke it is not worth it.

I will be out with some of the guy’s to-morrow and we are testing other areas that a lot of guys want to fish and I will let you know what’s up.

Yes there are guys out fishing ( boy do I know they are with the amount of minnows I’m going through)but theses fellows have been fishing out here for years and know what there doing but for people that fish once in a-while and new comers the best thing is to have some patience and I will let you know when we know it’s safe for all.

With all the phone calls and emails I keep getting I have to say I’m sorry for this type of info but I would not be able to live with the fact that I did not keep it as honest as I could if something happens. Just think of it this way I am in retail and I need to sell to make a living and this winter has been hell on the pocket book but no amount of money is worth some-ones life.

If we keep making ice the way we are lately I’m speculating that next weekend should be a go.

Remember be safe have fun and go home with everything you took with you………….Ron

well ron,you couldn't have said it better,thats lifsaving information and i hope everyone is listening to your advice i know i am,we have a big ice fishing trip :Gonefishing: comming up in a few weeks and we have to cross several lakes on the trail to get to the small brokkie & splake lakes and we are waiting till its real good and safe so be careful everyone... and thanks for the ice report ron you did evryone a great favour and keep those reports comming thanks RON :worthy::thumbsup_anim: