Rough day on Lake Simcoe

paulyboy83

Managed to get up to Lake Simcoe yesterday with my dad and uncle.

The weather was not very co-operative or pleasant but we decided to head out and fish the south side of Georgina Island for some perch.

With the wind blowing out of the north at approximately 20-30 kmh, it was a rough ride out to our starting spot. The rain mixed in with the wind made for some very cold uncomfortable conditions but the fish were fairly feisty.

We managed to bring 29 decent fish in the 10 inch range and one measured at 13 1/4 inches. Threw back a bunch of smaller ones for the next trip.

The ride back to the boat launch was rougher than the ride out with around 4 ft waves coming at us from the Northwest. We all made it back safe and sound, a little wet and cold but we braved the elements and brought home enough perch for a good fish fry!

Here's the beginning of the cleaning assembly line. The pre-cleaning quality inspection by my little jack. She likes to give each fish a lick as they come out of the bucket.

qualityinspector1.jpg

Second stage is the fileting quality inspector. This cat likes to chew the fins off the fileted fish and enjoys the odd taste of fish eggs.

qualityinspector2.jpg

Here's half the days catch. That's the 13 1/4" on the top.

dayscatch.jpg

And here's the big one of the day. My dad is the one who actually caught it, but being the lowest seniority of the group of us, I'm the one who gets to clean the fish.

bigoneoftheday.jpg

PB

Managed to get up to Lake Simcoe yesterday with my dad and uncle.

Here's the beginning of the cleaning assembly line. The pre-cleaning quality inspection by my little jack. She likes to give each fish a lick as they come out of the bucket.

qualityinspector1.jpg

PB

Your jack doesn't try to steal the fish? My fish thieving dog is sooo bad I have to either bring home a small one(live) for her to chew on or a few live minnows :lol: When we take her fishing she gets very excited whenever a fish is caught. :)

Congrats on a successful outing despite the wind and weather.

Your jack doesn't try to steal the fish? My fish thieving dog is sooo bad I have to either bring home a small one(live) for her to chew on or a few live minnows :lol: When we take her fishing she gets very excited whenever a fish is caught. :)

Congrats on a successful outing despite the wind and weather.

I don't even bother taking the 2 jacks fishing. They'd be in the water chasing my lure every time I cast and trying to bite it every time I bring it in. One of them would end up with a hook in the mouth for sure!