Finally a fish!

wuchikubo

Alright, since Labour day, i've been going fishing almost once a week (every sunday morning). Only once, the second weekend of September did I hook up with a fish, a coho from the mouth of the Notty. I've taken some friends and got them onto fish but mine have been elusive. Since then I've noted what I brought and some friends mentioned that something probably has bad luck. So the next outing, I figured no net and no camera.

As Bernie66, another OFNer (sorry Steve, forgot your handle), and another friend planned out this outing. I got the together with them and left Markham at 5 am. Got to the spot just before sunrise.

Yesterday without a net and without the digital camera, (Sunday Nov 9th), I was out there at the same spot and casting the same lure as everyone else that has been catching fish (BTW the same lure I've used at least once on every outing at this spot) and on one retrieve, SLAM!, the reel starts peeling, my 10'6 Daiwa Firewolf rod is doubled over more so than with my 28" Coho I caught. This fish doesn't surface at all, 2-3 peels later I'm gaining ground on this fish, I finally bring it close to shore and I'm amazed and excited to see a big female 'bow at the end of my line, got within 2 feet of shore (I'm in waders), then the unthinkable, the hook pops out of this fish that would either be the same as my 28" coho or very likely larger. Watching in disappointment of my definite PB 'bow swim quickly away. After fruitless number of casts, that was my only hit of the day yesterday. While I'm standing there watching 3 guys beside me with roe bottom fish and land 2 smaller fish. Went home frustrated and a bit fuming. :wallbash:

Woke up today at 3:55 am thinking about the fish that got away. :Gonefishing:

Quickly decided to go fishing as I didn't have to drive the kids to school today (PA day). Today the wind was blowing and light snow was coming down. Same deal as yesterday but solo this time and I brought a net (but no camera, intentionally). In the water wading in relatively the same spot as the day before. Same lure 3/4 oz 5 of diamonds on 10# power pro. Casting in the dark, I kept hooking weed. As the sun came up and lighted up the area, on one retrieve, bump and then tug, fish on! In comes a small silver male 'bow. (Sorry no pic) About another 10 minutes and bang, fish on, a bit heavier fish. After a short tussle, in comes a respectable female 'bow, this one will make it to the table, however the pic will have to come later once I get home to clean it. All of this happened before 7:30 am, then off to work I go. :whistling:

So now, I've got it in the notebook of a list of things to bring: "Do Not bring camera!" LOL. :unsure:

I'll try and post some pics later once I get home.

Thanks for reading.

Stan