Nov 4 Steel *PIC*

steverowbotham

Had a few hours this morning to get out for some chrome. First time all season, I was pretty jacked to get out. Started at the wrong spot. My buddy landed a nice 4-5 pounder and a little shaker, but we left.

Headed to a different trib and he lands a 6 pounder on the first drift.

He ended up going 5/9 and I went 2/4. Thats the true dfference between a float reel and a spinning reel, I got schooled. Man, I need to replace that float reel SOON!!

Fun morning out! Water was clear, but for some reason the better fish were coming on big bright bags

n502843091_1663444_4622.jpg

Edited by steverowbotham

Nice fish, though I'm not following your logic on the float reel vs spinning reel comment as it relates to number of fish hooked (or landed) by you or your friend?

A float reel gives you a much smoother, more natural drift. It is much simpler to keep contact with your float. The way the line spools off a spinning reel, there is generally more slack, then the line gets caught in the current and pulls the float unnaturally. Last spring I used my buddies extra float reel all season and get sooooo many more fish with it. A new one is on my christmas list.

He ended up going 5/9 and I went 2/4. Thats the true dfference between a float reel and a spinning reel, I got schooled. Man, I need to replace that float reel SOON!!

LOL! I can tell by the fast water in the background that the spinning reel made a huge difference :)

Maybe you should've bummed some roe bags from your buddy :)

p.-

A float reel gives you a much smoother, more natural drift. It is much simpler to keep contact with your float. The way the line spools off a spinning reel, there is generally more slack, then the line gets caught in the current and pulls the float unnaturally. Last spring I used my buddies extra float reel all season and get sooooo many more fish with it. A new one is on my christmas list.

Gotcha, no argument there. I just assumed that you had a float reel and were implying that your buddy with a spinning reel outfished you. Hope Santa comes through for you!

who needs a float reel, if you spent less time on those damn bass you'd have the trout down to an art with a spinning reel!! :P

better yet get a set up with a nice light baitcast reel, the free spool is just as easy to control with your thumb.

Steve you coming down to the Niagara this fall??? Get your NYS liscense and lets get out!!!