Musky Water Temps

Rizzo

I'm going musky fishing the next 2 days and with the cold weather we've had I imagine the water temps might be under 50 degrees by now. Personally, I've had my best success in the 57-62 degree range, not sure if I've ever even got one when the water is under 50. What I'm hoping to hear is great success stories from people catching when the water dips below 50. So tell me some things that will boost my confidence for the next two days (or tell me I'm nuts and I should stay home)

Was on the st Lawrence this past weekend and temps were at 54. Maybe with the rain and cold nights they have dropped a bit more. Slow down (3-3.5 mph) and large wobbling profile baits should be where you are at now. I'll be out on Fri practicing my preach.

47 degrees on the Bay today, this is the time of the monsters when your breaking ice to get out, lots of guys row troll this time of year and get Giants, so it's a good idea to go ultra slow, I use my bow mount this time of year to troll muskies and go just fast enough to make the lure move good, usually 1.2-2mph or get the suckers out and drift, then again all I can get is Pike this year so I don't know. :)

I use my bow mount this time of year to troll

I've been toying with that idea the past few days, but the wind might have something to say about that. Right now the game plan is to find some rocky points at the mouths of bays and see if I can bounce a believer or hooker off bottom. Got a real nice custom bait from Robin as well that will get me down there, I'm sure it will get some water time over the next 2 days. I've never had the patience to troll, but I don't see a lot of casting in my future tomorrow!