White perch or bass or what ?

GbayGiant

Got this in the spring trolling Georgian Bay for walleye with a worm harness, I've never caught a white perch or a white bass so had no idea, googled it and seems to be a White Perch ?

Anyone else catch white perch anywhere ? don't see them around to much on the bay.

med_gallery_322_145_47530.jpg

GCD, Stripers are one fish I wish the bay did have, they look like a good fish to catch.

Nice fish EHG, yeah when I got it I noticed the perch head and than the body looked like a crappie but I herd of guys getting white bass up here too so wasn't sure but I can see the difference now.

I would guess Nipissing has them, they got everything else from the Bay and have herd of guys getting lots of White Bass there.

I have caught white perch near the coal dock in Midland (Severn Sound, Georgian Bay). When I caught the White Perch at first I thought it was a small Silver Bass (White Bass) but the colours weren't right. The White Perch was silver with a yellowish tint. It was without the definite black horizontal stripes on the sides.

Silver Bass are exactly that ..... very bright and silver with the dark horizontal stripes, they have no yellow tint at all.

Tom