My first Brown Trout in 20 years

Cudz

One of my children had a bday party to attend and I noticed that the party was near a creek I used to fish about 20 years ago. I decided to bring some worms and a rod. I dropped her off and had about 1 hour to fish. I know this creek used to hold browns but I wasn't sure if they were still there. I was walking quite far away from the creek and trying not to make noise as it is not too big and very clear. Despite my best efforts I did spook a small trout and darted away from me. I walked a bit further downstream. I saw a nice log in the middle of the creek so casted my weightless piece of warm. To my surprise a little missile came out of the opposite bank and smaked the worm. It was funny because I was fishing the log and the trout came from the other shore bank nowhere near the log.

Anyway, I haven't fished for these for 20 years so it was cool getting one. She was small but very pretty. I released her to be caught another day.

brown_trout.JPG

Very beautiful brown Cudz but let's deal with the important stuff first, what kind of cake was served? :lol:

and what is your rod & reel setup?

I've been told the cake was a princess ballerina cake (chocolate). Apparently it was very good.

I no longer fish streams so I have nothing light. I was using a ML 6'6" spinning rod with a medium sized reel. 8 pound mono. This is actually my drop shot setup. It was about the lightest combo I could come up with.

Edited by Cudz

Well Cudz the cake sounds great but just remember that next party you have to bring back a slice for everyone! Err at least for me :P I just bought a 5 ft ultralight and fitted it with a micro reel now that would have been really fun with that brown.

Well Cudz the cake sounds great but just remember that next party you have to bring back a slice for everyone! Err at least for me :P I just bought a 5 ft ultralight and fitted it with a micro reel now that would have been really fun with that brown.

That would have been nice. I used to have 2 of them but I think somehow my dad inherited both and they are with him in Edmonton.