2008 Hep a child smile tourny results!!

walleyemen

Congrats to all the winners as well!

What can i say, what a great event, held by some great people, Pete and Julie you did a amazing job as always.

Fishng today was tough to say the least but many teams manged to pull it together at the last moment and in true fashion, our team managed to weigh 4 fish and my partner caught a nice 40" muskie dragging a tube on the river, thanks to everyone involved, and the niagara boat club for there help and a wondrful dinner, i really look forward to these events put on by the bass clubs they do an outstanding job and i feel really privaliged to have been able to contribute to such a great cause, my hats off to you guys :worthy: Keep up the good work!!

Would like to thank my partner Darrell for a great day of fishing and some great conversation. i look forward to next year!

Afew pics of the day!

001-7.jpg

007-9.jpg

006-7.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

002-7.jpg

005-6.jpg

010-7.jpg

009-7.jpg

008-8.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-6.jpg

Edited by walleyemen

I thinks it's a good start Walleyemen But I can't help but think that the event could have been bigger with more promotion considering the cause so let's make everyone aware of it early next year and perhaps a OFC GTG could be set up too? Whadya think?

Just for the record, i had in fact posted the tourny information, several weeks back, i guess it got over looked, i,m sure if someone looks back they'll find it, second of all i have nothing to do with this tourny other than to enjoy fishing it every year, i made my post as a report not a plug, just to give guys a idea of how great this tourny is and that any one can fish it not just the pro,s, Niagara bass masters, along with the st. catherines club and Dunnville club set this thing up and they do an outstanding job, the link was supposed to give you awareness about the cause ,Ugliefish thanks for being my partner, it was great getting to meet a new member and i'm sure the other 2 guys that got to spend a day fishing with a pro enjoed there day as well,

Edited by walleyemen

I don't know what crawled up yer shorts last night to set yer b---s on fire last night! However, I will give you a little story.

DSCN1813.jpg

Pictured above is my daughter Anna. The apple of my eye. My pride and joy ( despite being a teenager). From the pic you would never know she had serious health problems. At age 4, Anna had serious problems and the Shrine stepped in to look after her in every way possible. Without the help of this charity we would have lost her. While she was hospitalized, we weren't working and members of the church and local benevolent funds help us pay our bills. Without these charities we would have lost our home. She took nearly 2 years to recover from this surgery (one of several) In that time we had a very unhappy, uncomfortable and pained child. Along came the Sunshine Wish Foundation to whisk her off to DisneyWorld and be trated like the queen of the land. They got her to smile and laugh again. They put an even bigger and stupider grin on my Ugli mug.

The points to the story are these.

1) Nobody had to help anybody out. They did freely out of good will.

2) Those who benefit from the efforts of these charities do not care how the money was raised. We were just thankful they were there in an hour of need.

3) If they had fun raising money fishing, golfing, playing poker, drinking, etc... . I hope they had a great time. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to do good while feeling good. Nobody questions a Lion or Kin when they have a good time fundraising, and we dig deep into our pockets. IF this is how we can put more funds into the warchest, so be it. It just means more will benefit.

I hope I haven't bored you all with my dribble story, but I felt you need to hear it from a recipient's point of view.

sorry to hear that bruce i didnt have a clue. These charities are phenominal and do alot of good for these terminally ill children.

Thanks to the good Lord, and the help and benevolence of many, My daughter is a fine and healthy specimen of a young woman.

Thankfully, I get to see that reminder every morning, and I am content (even if she does whoop me fishing some days.)