Broom-A-LOO

holdfast

I was just cruising around the Utube catching some videos of our PPCLI in action and I found this Video of a game that I never heard of till I was posted in Wainwright with the PPCLI Battle school. Military sports is Big out West with 1 Brigade ( Western Soldiers) participating in a Brigade sports Competion (AKA Srong Contender) once a year for a week in the Winter. It is also highlights for the Edmonton, Winnipeg Sports News casts. One of the sports is Broomball which is the only contact sport. However the PPCLI developed a sport which they call Broom-A-Loo. Its broomball with no rules, little protective clothing and full contact. On their own sports days its a tradition for the Officers vs the Men and it is rough. I actually played a game which I had been invited and witnessed an Officer getting a stick in the head and being carried out by the medics while the game carried on. Anyways heres a game that as a soldier Id like to share. Of note there are some awesome war footage of YOUR Canadians if you U Tube Canadians fighting in Afghanistan. For the rock em sockem fans enjoy.

Edited by holdfast

Do you think that there is a need for Rough Sports in Canada? In this scenario you Play hard then work hard. If your offended by foul Language or aggressiveness go back to your computer games otherwise see what your brothers are doing. In my opinion, keep fighting in Hockey, and out of Peace keeping operations otherwise we will get complacent and rolled all over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwF6TEsw5w...feature=related

We'd regularly engage in various physical ship to ship challenges. All bicker and injury was soothed with a cup of Old Grog.

We used to play ship to ship death ball in the commons in Halifax no gear just blood and bruses excellent for moral and the women like it too(added bonus) then back to the ship for therapy session :whistling: