Shade's Mill conservation area report

jediangler

Went to Shades with the Shipper for a few hours on Sunday afternoon to try our luck and enjoy a beautiful sunny day. When we arrived we found that a large number of people were there for a company party. They had a big tent with a live jazz band playing. It was pretty cool fishing with the music loud enough we could hear it all over the lake. I took the kayak and Shipper took his Sportspal. The weeds are on the decline now, so we could fish almost everywhere. I caught 3 crappies, 2 rockbass and a baby largemouth all on jigs. The Shipper caught a stick, with a bobber on it. The bobber still had line and a hook, on the hook was a good sized catfish. He wanted to know if that counts as a landed fish. I said "you landed it, so it counts".

shipcat.jpg

I had to unhook it because he was afraid having never handled a cat this size. It swam away slowly but surely. We saw 3 other boats on the water including a bass boat with a 90hp outboard that was jacked up out of the water (no gas motors policy). A few shore fishers, mostly families with young kids, were catching bluegills and rockbass. Nice day to be on the water.

Good stuff bro, leave it to the shipper to catch and land a caught helpless cat....lol. Good on ya fur releasing it unharmed. It sure was a beauty day to be out. Hit the Grand and the Speed after niteshift for the day Monday and picked up a handfull of small bass. They were both high and murkier than normal, tough fishin.