Shore fishing in Barrie?

JDMITR

Hi I'm a brand new member here and love the information I have gathered already.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know of any good places to shore fish in Barrie or the surrounding area?

I've read some posts about Little Lake and the government docks.

Are you able to shore fish at Little Lake?

Thanks in advance!

little lake shore fishing, nope... Is your ITR right hand drive, or did you just buy a front clip from Japan Auto, LOL !!! Just kidding around , welcome to the board ....my JDMLS intetgra was one of my first cars..Ahh memories.. I used the name for all the car message boards and it sorta stuck as my online name .

Shore fish the dock at the end of dock road. There are thousands of bass there (rock bass lol). You will catch loads.

By far the best spot from the shore in Barrie. All panfish but loads of action.

Sad part is they are building a brand new subdivision off that road and soon it'll have more pressure than it can handle.

Edited by Governator

By far the best spot from the shore in Barrie. All panfish but loads of action.

Sad part is they are building a brand new subdivision off that road and soon it'll have more pressure than it can handle.

True.

You can also throw out from the rocks at Tyndale park. Lots of perch.

You can also fish the North side of the lake (good when the wind is from the North). Find a park on kempenfelt drive. Park there and walk through the park down the steep bank and look for a waterski slalom course. Lots of fish. Use a float and about 4ft of line below.

Edited by Cudz

Thank you everyone for all your input!!

Does anyone know if Balsam Lake is any good for shore fishing!?

We are not looking to catch a monster of the shore but decent 1-2 lbs fish.

JDMLS

I don't have the car anymore, but I had a '97 with the front clip. From my knowledge I believe we were one of the first to have the front clip in Ontario.

*I miss that car!*