So What'ya Think Am I Ready?

solopaddler

I mailed them ahead a couple weeks back. A lot cheaper and safer than putting them on the plane :) .

Dang that's a smart idea. Actually I feel like an idiot. When we went to Nova Scotia we bought cheapo CT rods while we were there because it was so expensive to take them on the plane. I really, really wish I thought of that.. fishin' with a 5 dollar rod just isn't cool!!!

Guess where i`ve been for the last 5 weeks? :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: Like your friend, i come up here every year also. A lot of the fisheries/runs are weak across the state this year but it's a blast. A lot of the king and red fisheries were shut down up the coast to allow for sufficient escapement.

I caught silvers using a lot of colors and methods, but this year they really hammered the chartreuse super vibrax I see in the lower portion of your spinner box. It's so hard to break away from what you see everybody else using though (hot pinks and oranges). I just went through girdwood and anchorage in the turnagain arm where i hit some of the streams and rivers. I'll be heading back home in 10 days, it would have been cool to try to arrange a meeting but i don't plan to head back down to Cook inlet, where you'll be. What other spots do you plan to visit down there? kasilof? anchor?

Bring tons of rain gear, there's been so much rain this year that there have probably only been about 3 days i didn't come home wet. I had to pick up extra rainwear and boots because nothing dries on its own overnight..the air is just so wet.

Guess where i`ve been for the last 5 weeks? :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: Like your friend, i come up here every year also. A lot of the fisheries/runs are weak across the state this year but it's a blast. A lot of the king and red fisheries were shut down up the coast to allow for sufficient escapement.

I caught silvers using a lot of colors and methods, but this year they really hammered the chartreuse super vibrax I see in the lower portion of your spinner box. It's so hard to break away from what you see everybody else using though (hot pinks and oranges). I just went through girdwood and anchorage in the turnagain arm where i hit some of the streams and rivers. I'll be heading back home in 10 days, it would have been cool to try to arrange a meeting but i don't plan to head back down to Cook inlet, where you'll be. What other spots do you plan to visit down there? kasilof? anchor?

Bring tons of rain gear, there's been so much rain this year that there have probably only been about 3 days i didn't come home wet. I had to pick up extra rainwear and boots because nothing dries on its own overnight..the air is just so wet.

Hey man that's really cool, check your pm's!