Trent River Report

PatrickGG

Hit the Trent River in search of some fish yesterday with Johnnybass we got on the water around 6:30 and started hitting weed edges in search

of some Largemouth and Smallies we also hoped we can bag some Walleyes but that did not happen, the weather was really cool in the

Morning but as the sun started to rise it got really hot, Johnny hits off the first fish of the morning working Drop offs outside the weed lines

2827154741_f099b5ec69_o.jpg

Shortly after i hook into a largemouth sitting in standing weeds

2827154813_17426b0d22_o.jpg

we continued on the same line and Johnny hits another smallie on a top water Bait

2827154949_bcb530d60e_o.jpg

Than it happens to me AGAIN, I worked a area that had Over Hanging standing weeds with a wacky rig and i nailed a decent largemouth

i get her to the boat and i felt confident enough to lift her into the boat since i have 16 pound Stren magnathin line on my reel what happens??

My line snaps <_<:wallbash: "never buying stren line again :angry: " so we carry on and at this point i sat and smoked to calm my nerves,

we enter a small bay with lots of weeds and johnny nails a Largie and a Smallie

2827992280_ed3f9a0e96_o.jpg

2827155031_4cc5f5e74e_o.jpg

we worked for our fish the rest of the day the heat was a major factor we boated so many 1 and 2 pounder i lost count

and we moved and tried areas and slop basically just pulled little guys out here and there, we moved back down to the area

where we started in the morning working a outside drop off with docks up on shore and i got a hit, Here i go working this fish to the boat and low

and behold i can't even count the smallies pursuing this one hooked fish and they were all decent size fish, i wasnt sure at this point if i needed help

to net this fish and johnny helps out in doing so, a decent smallie

2827992422_ae7f084fd0_o.jpg

she goes back in the water, i cast and i get another hit this time it's a bigger one i struggled and Johnny's telling me my drag is to loose he's telling

me this and at that point it's like planes Flying over my head i should have tightened the drag the fish bulldoged into the weeds i get her out but

she spits the hook :wallbash: and the school is gone <_< oh well now its 2 big fish lost in one outing, through out the day we hit fish after fish

smallies, rock bass largies, overall the day was great and the weather was hot and it began to feel like summer was finally here :blink: cant wait

to get out again.

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report! The reason I have my shirt on in those pics is we just stopped taking pictures once the sun came up. I got cooked! The hairs on my arms started to rise!

Anyways, it was another great fishing day. I've always wanted to fish lake Seymour, and since the last time, we broke down.... Opted to try again.

Got there and it was COLD in the morning with no wind. Patrick brings me to a mouth watering weed line.On goes the pop R with only 2 hooks left on the back treble. I get 2 smallies in the boat. Patrick is nailing the largies wacky rigging. So I go to a 1/4 ounce jig and pig. Nailed a few small ones and that decent largie you see. I finally went today and picked up some 3/8 ouncers, so hopefully now I will get more fish on them.

Picked up a lot of fish on tubes,worms,flukes,grubs,ect...

Then we decided to abandon the weedline pattern and go to Patrick's smallie spot and then drift down. Got there and there was nothing going on. We decided to drift a deep channel. I was dragging a grub and picking up smallies but nothing big.

Then the sun came up and was really cooking us and the bite slowed down. Only puny fish were being caught here and there.

We also tried working the slop for an hour. Only produced small fish so we abandoned the pattern.

Patrick suggests we try a certain shoreline. We start casting and wack! Patrick gets a hit! Its a decent smallie and there are all kinds of smallies going crazy around it. I thought about throwing out my lure to catch one but opted to land Patrick's fish first.

After that Patrick hits another one but lost it in the weeds and the hook popped out. Then the school disappeared. There was this certain wake boarder that only seemed to come out and wake board when we were fishing near his property. When we left he would go back in. :angry:

We were headed back for the weedline we worked in the morning but I decide to forget the weedline and head for Lake Seymour. Looked around only to discover most of the lake did not look fishable.....I guess if you wanted to throw spinner baits all day you could. So we opted to go back near the launch.

Over all it was a pretty good day. It was more of a numbers day than a size day, but I finally fished a lake that I have been wanting to fish for awhile.

For all you carp fisherman?Get yourself over to the TRENT! There were schools and schools of carp that jumped all day long!!!!