Arrowhead Report

mgrieve

Went up to Arrowhead Sunday with the Family.

We had site 491. Really nice and private site. Actually all sites in the 490's were great (If anyone is interested)

Beaches are nice. There are 3 of them. The beach by our site was pretty private.

A bear ate all our food. We left the cooler out by error when we took the kids for a drive in the morning to get them warm. Came back and the bear was still on our site. Pretty fun for the kids to see. Actually the joke was on the bear, cause the hotdogs that were in the cooler were made by Maple Leaf!

Anyways, Arrowhead is a great park. There are nice scenic lookouts, trails and a nice calm river to paddle. The fishing was excellent. Lots of small mouth. We watched a lady catch a 3lber off the dock.

If you ever go, paddle accross the lake directly from the canoe rental to the brich trees. There you'll catch a fish every cast.

Although I prefer the walk in sites at Silent Lake for camping, we'll probably go back to Arrowhead again. The sites were very well maintained, lots of wildlife (bears, deer, beaver, otters,)and it is very scenic up there.

Cheers!

the one and only time i flipped my canoe was on that lake about 3 or 4 years ago.

they ALWAYS have bear problems there! they were handing our bear warning flyers last time i was there.

great lake though, i love the general store!

Ya... umm were all concerned for the safety of the bear...

We had cold cuts up at camp... not Maple leaf... but now they are saying it wanst just maple leaf products... great....