lake st john algae

mercforever

Guest Johnny Bass

I didn't see any algae bloom. The water temps are way down this year. Nice bass. There are some big bass considering a lot of people catch and eat the bass they catch there and its a small lake.

The lake has an Algae bloom usually each year usually because of hot temps. I saw it last week on Sturgeon so I would assume it has hit St John now as well. Probally not as thick as most years because of the high water levels there this year. You will find it around the trailer park side mostly. Up in both rivers, also you will find it around the plant side shore very thick usually. Hope this helps

The algae was never a problem for us at Lake st. john. THE MNR tried to control the weeds and put some green chemicals all along the shore, it seemed to work as less weeds grew this year. However less fish also on the shore line.

I would avoid the lake for now,until the Chemicals has dissipated.

Guest Johnny Bass
hey johnny bass,how long ago were you there?not that im there alot,but i found alot of guys were c+r ,i dont even like them on the carpet let alone eating them,to each his own,i guess.........thanks for the inf0,i guess me and the boy will drowning some senkos come saturday......

Two weeks ago. But I seen no signs of algae at all. Weeds are down. Don't know if that is because of some MNR chemicals like was suggested. I have seen weed growth down everywhere due to higher water levels and colder than normal temperatures.

It is definitely fishable. Give it a shot and let us know how you did.