He's BA A A A C K!!

Photoz

Due to not feeling up to scratch, I haven't wet a line since I got skunked 3 times in a row early last month. But . . . like clockwork, a wee lad from over 'across the pond,' arrives in the colonies to give the locals some lessons on how to treat Europe & the British Isles favorite sport fish. (This is only us commoners who recognize them for what they are.) We met at Rodpody's fave fishing hole up on the mighty Otonabee where this cunning fish resides not long after sun-up. A super day was had by all, temps in the mid-20's, partly sunny, nice cool breeze, and no stooooooooooopid fish to interupt our relaxin' & catchin' up on ol' times! Anyhoooooooo . . . . here's a few shots of our day . . . many of the regulars on this board will recall 2 years ago when Steve, (The 'Brit') was unloading his gear, did THIS!! It happened about 06:00 . . . rather that go sit in an emergency room all day, he opted to put up with it until 3:00, then drive all the way back to where he was staying in Mississauga, THEN go to the hospital and have it taken out! He also managed, with this hook imbedded in his finger, to land over a half dozen carp in the 20 pound range! This is also known as 'keeping a stiff upper lip!'

gallery_77_129_4739.jpg

Later that summer, after a long tiring battle he managed to land this 72" 'ski . . . . after carefully unhooking it, he released it . . . he couldn't understand why some of the colonists bother to go after 'ski's? Especially the small 50" to 60" ones? He says the carp put up a much better fight? (I told him this was a cross-country 'ski . .. the downhill ones fight MUCH better!)

gallery_77_129_60041.jpg

But . . . first things first today . . . . get the groundbait mixed. (From an OLD recipe handed down by his grrrrrrreat uncle) Gotta feed them thar carp real good eh? These peasant colonists have no clue as to what carp like! (The left-overs can be baked . . . I think they call 'em crumpets?

gallery_77_129_31817.jpg

gallery_77_129_59416.jpg

Then, it'a across the channel to spread this groundbait about . . . like 'setting the table.' He's leaving quite a wake . . . I think he could have got a water skier up!

med_gallery_77_129_16526.jpg

He's certainly got quite a fan club . . . duck l'orange anybody?

gallery_77_129_20031.jpg

And . . . . TA A A DA A A A A . . . . the new carpmobile . . . . the Dodge was starting to self-destruct. For anybody who can afford the gas . . .. there are some INCREDIBLE deals out there on the Uplanders & Montanas . . . I was almost able to talk the salesguy into paying me . . . to take it with me!!

gallery_77_129_43586.jpg

Oh yeah . . . . did we get any fish . . . ? NOT EVEN A LINE BUMP!! We were just enjoyin' the day too much to bother with the smelly things anyway.BTW . . . . Has anyone fished Long Sault this year for carp? And . . . ?? :thumbsup_anim: