Island Lake Report

evster

If anyone plans on going on an inflatable on that lake it can get very nasty with whitecaps so it's best to check the weatherman a head of time. It's beens years since I have went back great place for a family outting none the less. As mentioned in the above weekends are really busy and crowded.

you guys were totally accurate about how windy it can get there, we inflated our boat, slowly rolled it down OTHER launch and hopped in. All was looking great, i start paddling from the back and im getting twisted and turned right around, i managed to rid myself of the shore by ten feet,

Yesterday afternoon my wife and I took the short drive up to Island Lake Conservation Area to give it a try. I had fished there before and got a couple nice bass so I was looking forward to it. Well we did WAY better. They were biting on everything as well. Spinnerbaits, jigs, soft plastics. They were everywhere.

Overall we got 27 fish, 16 of which were decent bass. We started the day off with a double header! Our first time getting a double header so it was pretty exciting.

2702897598_fcf450e83c.jpg

We caught lots of fish around this size:

2702083597_b4315e5ff3.jpg

2702912226_f04a61278a.jpg

At some point in the day we were talking about how it was cool we were able to get a double header when wham, fish on. I yell for net and my wife yells, "oh crap! I got one on too!!!". So I had to scramble back to the back of the boat without falling in, net my fish, then net her fish. Somehow I managed to do this without flipping the boat or falling in myself, and neither fish were lost. But I noticed after the fact that somehow amongst the chaos I blew the button off my shorts...maybe I need to consider loosing a bit off the waste line.

2702904136_78ce159bc8.jpg

My wife's fish was a really nice one. I don't know what it is but she always gets bigger fish than me. No matter where we go she does it.

Anyway, it was a great time, I love getting out fishing with her. Even though she tends to show me up!

Nice buckets Evan...thanks for sharing. One quick question....is this you in the following video?

http://www.wfn.tv/adopt/x6p2269g-1

It sure looks like you and your boat and your wife. The above entry is the one i picked to win the boat this year in the WFN Adopt an Angler contest. I've watched all the video entries and yours was the best so far.

Good Luck Evan!

Cheers,

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Edited by fishinonthebrain

Nice buckets Evan...thanks for sharing. One quick question....is this you in the following video?

http://www.wfn.tv/adopt/x6p2269g-1

It sure looks like you and your boat and your wife. The above entry is the one i picked to win the boat this year in the WFN Adopt an Angler contest. I've watched all the video entries and yours was the best so far.

Haha! Ya, thats me! I was going to post a link but I wanted to wait until after the voting because I know lots of people here are voting for Joey, so keep voting for her guys!

That video was sure fun to make. For the record, this aluminum is not technically my boat, it's my brother-in-laws and I borrow it (won't be able to borrow it forever). Would love to have my own!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Evan