Steelhead Bait

madtekniques

LOL Rich, I was looking at my roe tying supplies, have peach, white, hot pink, but NOT chartreuse. Might have to hit Bronte Outdoors after work. It looks like I am going to be breaking out the Oreo's and hitting a trib tomorrow.

It's gonna be blown, but it beats doing nothing.

Tony

LOL Rich, I was looking at my roe tying supplies, have peach, white, hot pink, but NOT chartreuse. Might have to hit Bronte Outdoors after work. It looks like I am going to be breaking out the Oreo's and hitting a trib tomorrow.

It's gonna be blown, but it beats doing nothing.

Tony

Ill be doing the same, tying up some HUGE pink and chartruse bags right now.

Ok Copper you got me wonderin as I've never tried a jig.What size do you use 1/16,1/8?Do you dress it with marabou or plastic.I use 6lb line and don't go under that and probably wouldn't need to right now with the current amount of runoff.

Kerry

Out of curiosity, how big is BIG? Quarter-sized? Loonie?

Mike

Heres some sizes Id carry on any given day. Please ignore the el cheapo roe, its all ive got at the moment.

gallery_256_61_5657.jpg

Crap....what did I do

roe.JPGagain...

THERE SHE IS!

I like this link the picture straight from the computer business!

So i used something that I know more than a few OFNers recognise as a reference. Corona cap to the right, dime to the left.

If you care to share, what has been producing for Steelhead the last couple weeks?

Roe?

Worms?

Spinners?

I was out last weekend with no luck on roe or pink worms under a float.

Also try these while floatfishing....

cut baits like the end of squid tenticles(this works)

dead minnows work too

Good Luck !!

most of the time its not the roe bag, size, colour etc, its the way it is presented!! the other day i fished for over 1.5hrs with guys nailing fish, i couldnt ge one to bite until i changed my leader no more then 8", as soon as that little change was made i landed 5 fish in one hour. I think it may have slowed the bait down just enough for the steelies to take a good look at it. all on different roe (trout/salmon) in a variety of colours