Free launch at Canal lake??

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Well I have 6 days of fishin to do next week, and will get bored with just fishing Simcoe. I want to try other lakes. There is a small chance, since it is very close, I will try Canal lake. Is there a free launch?

I think there is LM bass, Smallies, Musky, Pike and Walleye. Also very weedy so am considering throwing around the jig and pig.

I have not been to it in a long time

but

you go north on centennial park road to canal lake past centennial park keep going past the causeway and just after it

it should be on the right...hope it's still there

This is a launch I was useing for last three years, no problems. It is not free. There is "courtesy box" ( you will get a ticket for non payment ) for parking car & trailer - $ 6.00. As far as I know there is no "free" boat launch on this lake

Edited by keram

Guest Johnny Bass
Further up the road to the causeway.,under the bridge on Mitchell Lake..then motor over thru the canal.

That one I know. Thanks. Was looking for something on the left side of the lake. After the causeway on centennial park rd?? I guess this is on the north side of Canal lake? Thanks Terry, but how shallow are we talking?

Which one are you talking about Keram? The causeway one or the one on Mitchel?

Edited by Johnny Bass

That one I know. Thanks. Was looking for something on the left side of the lake. After the causeway on centennial park rd?? I guess this is on the north side of Canal lake? Thanks Terry, but how shallow are we talking?

Which one are you talking about Keram? The causeway one or the one on Mitchel?

The causeway one. I always launch there ( it is practically in the middle of the lake.). Another bonus is that it is very close to :thumbsup_anim: my my hot spots. Couple weeks ago I've seen 19' bass boat with 150 on the back launching without any problems BTW JB, I work on it.

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks. I know that pike are a plenty but how are the largies in that lake? Any big ones? And how about the pickerel? Are they rare or is there a good population?

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks. Haven't fished it for awhile. And only from shore. Last time I was there I nailed a 36 incher but really skinny. Around 6lbs.... Maybe I will give it a try....

canal is a great lake...i like the other side opposite the boat launch.

lots of pike in there in the 24-30 inch range

largies get BIG in canal!! maybe cause they have sooo much cover, im not sure, but you can always pull out a bigun while working weedlines. :thumbsup_anim:

walleye, muskies and smallies are far and few between but can be found.

search for deep water while your there...i think the average depth is about 8ft. so if you find anything 13' or more your golden!

good luck, report back

im sure Reffrunner will put his two cents in once he finishes mopping the floor and checks his OFC... :whistling:

Lol. Check my previous reports Johnny. The launch past the causeway is $6.00 courtesy box, but shallow, as mentioned. If you want to get to the West end of the lake, you'll have to travel South to the high bridge ("hole in the wall"). I know the lake very, very well. ;) PM me if ya got questions.

Oh, Pike have been on this year, all in the 25'-35' range. Largies are biting, all two pounders, but there are some serious hawgs in there. Lots of weed growth, tough to fish sometimes. You'll have luck with the jig-n-pig.

What days are you gonna be there?

Edited by reefrunner

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks a lot guys! I guess i will scratch Bass lake and try Canal lake. Hopefully I will have a decent report! Unfortunately it will be hard taking pictures fishing with myself! :( But I will try my best!

Guest Johnny Bass
Lol. Check my previous reports Johnny. The launch past the causeway is $6.00 courtesy box, but shallow, as mentioned. If you want to get to the West end of the lake, you'll have to travel South to the high bridge ("hole in the wall"). I know the lake very, very well. ;) PM me if ya got questions.

Oh, Pike have been on this year, all in the 25'-35' range. Largies are biting, all two pounders, but there are some serious hawgs in there. Lots of weed growth, tough to fish sometimes. You'll have luck with the jig-n-pig.

What days are you gonna be there?

I'm gonna be there Saturday to Saturday.