pickeral report on lake Erie

weejoe

Hi I'm heading to port maitland on Monday and going to try out in the lake just wanted to know what the fishing is like and any tips, how far out and what depth, hope to have a good time. Any time on the water is better than working in the shop. will be heading to bay of quinte in August and than to Callender bay in Sept. with the misses, beleave it or not she is very competitive and I love it.

65 to 80 fow SE of Port Maitland is hot ..20 Jets 175 back with worm harnness Big Dipsys back 95 and 105 on a 2 setting ..if ya need more info stop in the store and we will set ya up with all the Walleye Gear you need ..Fishmaster

Hi Don. You'll do good. I was out there on Tuesday night. I'm going to head back out for the day Thursday. Here's my report from then. There's pics if you search the post. Hope it helps you and good luck !

Well, I picked sweetie up right from work Tuesday @4 and we headed for the lake. We were on the water by 5:30 and first fish came at 6:30. We fished SE of Port Maitland in front of Mowhak, 52 -68 Fow, running leadcore, jets, dipseys and riggers with harnesses, ripplin redfins, nk28's. Went 3 for 4 (3-7Lbs) off the water by 9pm(work night). Lead core out 6-7 colours on an inline board took 3 with a copper coloured worm harness, a rigger 40'down out 150' took the 4th. Lost one at the boat but what a awesome night on the water with a great fishing partner!