2-peice baitcast rod

commie

I have been using spinner reels/rod in the past..Would like to try using a baitcaster.

What are some decent 2 peice rods to use with a baitcasting reel? Need 2 peice for ease of storage in cars.

I am a newb with the world of baitcasting, are the rods any different from the spinners?

I fish mostly bass and walleyes.

I have been using spinner reels/rod in the past..Would like to try using a baitcaster.

What are some decent 2 peice rods to use with a baitcasting reel? Need 2 peice for ease of storage in cars.

I am a newb with the world of baitcasting, are the rods any different from the spinners?

I fish mostly bass and walleyes.

the rods are completely different. Casting rods are less flexible even for the same weight rating, the seat has a trigger so you can hang on during the cast because you swing harder than a spinning rod, the guides are smaller and most likely more of them per foot for 2 rods of the same price. In reality, the best casting rods are all one piece. there are no middle or top quality casting rods that aren't 1 piece unless it's 8' or longer and even some of those are 1 piece... If you need 2 piece, you're looking at the lower end of the scale, but maybe that's what you're looking for to start off.

I have seen a two piece 6.6 ft Quantum HSX54 Tour Edition rods here in a store on sale for 49.99. That seems to be a great deal given that even though it is last years model the new ones go for around 108.00 it would be a quality choice to start with as it would be good enough to last and not so expensive you would regret keeping it for a spare if you wanted to upgrade from it as you got better at casting.

I have seen a two piece 6.6 ft Quantum HSX54 Tour Edition rods here in a store on sale for 49.99. That seems to be a great deal given that even though it is last years model the new ones go for around 108.00 it would be a quality choice to start with as it would be good enough to last and not so expensive you would regret keeping it for a spare if you wanted to upgrade from it as you got better at casting.

Which store did you see that rod at?

My budget for my first baitcast rod and the reel would be around $200. Its not really set in stone, i would rather get something nice and that I don't have to replace in the future if it means spending more. But on the other hand, being a newbie in baitcasters, i want something that is easy to learn and get a hand of things. Not sure if those are mutually exclusive of each other? $$$ and the ease of use.

Which store did you see that rod at?

My budget for my first baitcast rod and the reel would be around $200. Its not really set in stone, i would rather get something nice and that I don't have to replace in the future if it means spending more. But on the other hand, being a newbie in baitcasters, i want something that is easy to learn and get a hand of things. Not sure if those are mutually exclusive of each other? $$$ and the ease of use.

Last week at the fishing store in Stratford

BPS has some nice 2 piece baitcasters. I have the Bionic Blade 6'6" and it is a fine rod for search baits and jigs. There is a lot of prejudice against 2 piece rods, but modern ones are just as sensitive as one-piece rods. Once you experience the accuracy of a baitcaster, you will have a hard time going back to spinning set-ups.

Bionic blade is a great rod lineup...I wouldn't feel bad about any of them. However, I cart my one-piece 7 footer and 6 footer in my little 2-door Neon without much grief. As long as you feel good about the rod you choose, you'll be fine...but if you really want a one piece...fitting it in the car really won't be much hassle in the end.

Don't go too cheap on the reel, with baitcasters, you get what you pay for, pretty much anything over $150 would be a fine reel, you can get a NICE St Croix Premier 2 pc for under $150, get a Medium Heavy action as a general purpose rod. Check out JB's Fishing Depot by the 401/427 in Toronto, they've got the best prices on St Croix and the best selection.