Shocked in a lightning storm

DANIMAL

By the looks of that pic id be more worried about ghost pirate ships lol

haha I was just thinking the same thing. They would find an empty boat though.

Whenever you feel that buzzing in your rod, you're supposed to lay it down in the bottom of the boat, sit down and put your head between your knees...

... so you can kiss your :asshat: good-bye!!! :stretcher:

That was classic! Really classic! Sig worthy.

----

Anyway as I am a Carpenter I have had my fair share of stuff happen. A few years back couple when I was working in a house during a thunder storm I could feel the lead in my pencil vibrating. It was a bit freaky.

Another time I was on my ladder doing some stuff. I layed the nailer on the ladder to cut a piece of wood and as soon as I finished cutting and turned around to walk back to the ladder I was blinded and found my lader about 2 feet away on the ground with the plastic all melted and smoking and the nailler outside on the gravel driveway. My boss was dropping the garage at the time and actually saw my gun fall. He said was gun my whitish blue when he saw it falling which caused him to look.

Lets just say that was a 700$ day haha. I hate working in a house with no windows since that day.

Once in my early teens i was on the beach in Oshawa watching a storm approaching from the west.

Watched the blackness approaching and counted the seconds between flash and thunder and guessed the brunt of storm was a mile away still. Suddenly there was a deafening crack as some lightening struck the beach 30 feet away from me.

I was looking at area where it hit and saw a bunch of sand get kicked around. Went and looked at spot and the lightening left a figure eight about 3 inches deep and a little over foot long.

A few times fishing i've had braided line rise off water and graphite rods buzz and great fishing at the same time.

Pretty scary stuff however.

ehg

Those tables that used to have the aluminum band around the edge..... got my pops right across the belly while playing cards with his pilot buddies at the Perth airport... back in the day. Lit his belt buckle up a little too. Electricity that close to the nads... exciting stuff.

Don't mess with Zeus people... he'll throw a bolt in your Cheerio bowl some morning and kill ya dead.

Danimal, the EXACT same scenario happened to me and my friend Patrick earlier this year (June). There was a storm well off in the distance, which didn't hit the area until a few hours later. My rod just started buzzing and felt like a lightsaber in my hand. Touching the eyelets gave off a nasty little shock. Let me tell you, we hightailed it off the lake as fast as possible. It scared the crap out of me. The fishing had been very good too - 2 muskies had been landed, 2 more lost that day, but we didn't even think about it for a second.