Morning Rush in Toronto-Oshawa

Marko

Marko...depends on what day of the week and time of year. I'm assuming you are leaving today?

If so, then I'd aim to be in the city by 10 to 11am. Traffic on a Friday afternoon will really pick up from Pickering thru Oshawa. If you can be thru Oshawa by 2pm you'll be ok...it may slow down a bit here and there but by 3 to 4pm you'll be stuck.

Good luck!

on a regular day at 3:30pm to get from pickering to oshawa takes 20 mins.

on a friday in the summer it takes about 60 mins

on a friday before the long weekend in the summer it takes 90 mins.

And I still make the drive every day!

some times it's just "rush hour" all day long..I work all over the GTA and Eastward right into Quebec at times, and travel that way almost weekly in the summer going to my trailer, sometimes the little stretch between Ajax and The Schwa is worse itself than going right through TO....I have worked all over Ontario this year so far and most of the trouble from Windsor to Ottawa is all the freekin' construction bottle necking the traffic.

Lately we have been travelling through that way at night,on say Frid,Sat, or Sun night, getting through the GTA at around 10-11 at night...pretty smooth sailing then....a couple weeks back different story, it took us over 6 hours for about a 350km drive to get to my camp, and that's just because of the 401, pretty much took us the better part of 4 1/2 hours just to get from Fort Erie to the 115/35 cut-off which should take about 2 hours and change :huh: