Georgian Bay

ciceri

wow boys take it easy. micropterus hole i believe ciceri was using the term bud in replacement for a name not to offend you. but at the same time ciceri this site is amazing once you get to know people or even contribute a bit people will help you out i would know theres a hand full of guys i talk to on this site that when i need to ask them for help they always send me to the right place but at the same time Ive gotten to know them just by posting on here usually it a 2 way street they help you if you help them. just keep contributing and getting to know people and i am sure with time people will help you. i see your young i dont target crappie so i cant help you with that but if you have a boat i know honey harbor has decent pike and muskie i belive might want to give it a shoot. stick around and get to know people. o and when you go to a new board contributing before asking for spots is normal and some people take it offensive to just ask for a spot that took them years to find but like i said contribute and someone will i am 16 so i am young to and i know there are many good people on here who will with time send you in the right direction. remember the best things in life take time weather it be finding a fishing hole getting someone to tell you a spot or finding the right girl but that usually takes ..... a very long time lol. so yea if you want pike try honey harbor g-bay can be tough. i got a cottage in wasaga beach if your near there pm me maybe well hook up all get you onto something. take care and stick around it has its rewards.

Edited by silvio

I don't know that lake at all, but give it a little time. Your intro thread was very well written...stick around read up, reply on other's threads and offer help when you can. What you get in return will MORE than pay itself off.

Yeah im not going to take what he said to the heart.

I'll contribute when the time comes when i can give what i know. Just need the right thread to pop up, till then i guess.

Thanks.

i'm just yankin ur stringer..

tips up

Hmmm, Crappie eh, well it seems that the area around Honey Harbour is a hot spot at the start of ice out, but the rest of the year, hit & miss. I had luck a few years ago up the Severn river(something pool) I think it's called. That was about this time of year, got about 20 nice slabs on little rubber tails.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yep. The crappies are good early season and the Pike are everywhere. Just do a lot of drift fishing and when you hit a pike, go over the same spot again a few times.

Edited by Johnny Bass

nah. that doesn't work.

because if i'm not your buddy, i'm definetly not your friend, man.

Im not your man, bro

Yep. The crappies are good early season and the Pike are everywhere. Just do a lot of drift fishing and when you hit a pike, go over the same spot again a few times.

What do you reccomend i use for drift fishing pike?

Guest Johnny Bass
What do you recommend i use for drift fishing pike?

I recommend a Double Colorodo white spinner bait for anything under 6 foot and weedy. And for 6-10 feet and weedy, a double willow spinner bait. If there is sparse weeds? Throw out a husky Jerk. The pike are usually in the weeds.

Try shallow early morning and late evening and fish deeper during the day.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Im not your man, bro

nah, u arne't thinking anymore.

drifting for pike? big 3/8oz bucktail jig tipped with a big minnow, live or dead.

jigging it big. 2 big pops thne let it falls, they'll strike on the way down for sure.

crappie are often suspended over deep water in the summer. chasing baitfish. they school aswell. so if u find the forage, u find the crappie. drifintg micro jigs in a blue/white or pink color works well for this

Edited by Micropterus hole

drifting light jigs will keep the bait up off the bottom..

often when drifitng slow and i dont get bites and the wind picks up, my line lifts a couple feet and bam double header.

dont really need a finder

OH?? Hi my names Ryan, i have a cottage on Georgian Bay and im a fishaholic.

hmm for a guy who stated the above... seems you are just learning the ropes... "cottage" "fishaholic" well good luck anyways and welcome aboard... stick around, you will find this site and the guys / gals here very helpfull....

hmm for a guy who stated the above... seems you are just learning the ropes... "cottage" "fishaholic" well good luck anyways and welcome aboard... stick around, you will find this site and the guys / gals here very helpfull....

if 12 years of fishing is just learning the ropes, then sure. Whats wrong with using cottage? My great grand father and his brother built the hole thing, its small for that reason. The outside is all rocks that they found on the beach and in the water, if you could see it you would realize what great craftsmanship it took to build this place. Its right on Georgian Bay and when looking out the front window or on the beach you see Giants Tomb.

Please tell me why it isn't ok to use the word "cottage".