How many bass per hour of fishing?

oncogene

I don't know

but

look at almost any bass tourney here or US and see how many entries get skunked of less then their limit or 10 one day and none the next and these are guys who fish for bass every day

they would kill for the fish that many seem to be catching here

I think the ratio really comes down to the water you're fishing. Especially if you're fishing from shore like you said you were. But one thing I'll suggest you try to do is cover more water and fish something alittle faster than a senko...at least to start. ..

The thing is tho, there really isn't any more water for me to cover in my usual fishing spot heh :)... ok and I'm lazy to walk too much. It's just about 80m & 50m long of boat docks and the canal locks. To be honest I still haven't caught a single fish with any hard-bait yet in my life! (ok i only been fishing for 2-3 years) All these spinners, spinnerbait, crankbait, buzzbaits, spoons etc sitting in my tackle box... never caught a fish <_<

Maybe I should try other lakes/spots.... lota lakes here around Kingston... but perhaps too many lol. Tried to ask ppl where else is good but didn't get any much info really. I did try 2-3 other lakes, but didn't really produce more than my usual spot. And perhaps a blessing and also a curse.... my usual spot is like 5min from where I live. It's hard to convince myself to drive 1/2 hr+ to other lakes which may or maynot produce, esp with these gas prices, when there's known spot 5min away :sleeping_02:

I think the catch rate in Ontario is higher than we have down here, largely due to the angling pressure on our lakes. I compiled some stats from our 2005 creel data (10 lakes) to compare.

Best Lake – 1.4 bass / hour

2nd best – .9 bass / hour

Avg for good lakes – about .7

Overall average – around .5 bass / hour.

I've been fishing one of the "good" lakes this year, and probably average .75 to 1 bass / hour.

Woh, if those numbers are actually, then it does seem low. Esp considering how alot of ppl here reporting tens/dozens of bass in a trip/day.

Or maybe the ppl here are just that good lol

What he said. The only time I target bass is taking a canoe into back lakes, and then I only count the fish over 20". 1 or 2 a day is a good outing.

If I only counted fish over 20"..... I'd have to change this thread's title to " how many fish u get PER YEAR" lol

all depends on where you are fishing for sure...some areas are "infested" with bass,there are places I have fished from shore on the Niagara River where catching 50-60 bass from sun up until about 10am is pretty common..but after a few days of fishing a couple areas, you come to realize that you are catching many of the same fish over again. I have also spent days at my camp where we catch 30-40 bass of all different sizes within a few hours...sometimes every cast in both of these scenarios. A couple years ago bass opener me and 2 other guys boated 68 for the morning...I know these number may seem far fetched for some, but it does happen...other days depending on boat traffic, weather ect you may have to work half the day to maybe land 12-15 fish.

It's pretty cool when you are fighting a decent smallie for example and you see 20-30 of them following around the one you have hooked...then you know it's going to be a good day :Gonefishing:

sure fire way for me to not catch bass is.....enter a bass tourney :lol: , I could fish the day before and the day after in the exact same spots and catch tonnes...tourney day...maybe a couple little ones if I am lucky :dunno::lol::Gonefishing:

Woh, if those numbers are actually, then it does seem low. Esp considering how alot of ppl here reporting tens/dozens of bass in a trip/day.

Or maybe the ppl here are just that good lol

Those are ODW data compiled from hundreds of angler interviews. We have plenty of fish here, but they see a lot of lures, and probably have more prey resources available than yours do. We've got about 1.6 million anglers fishing around 150 reservoirs (averaging maybe 1000 acres) and a bunch of ponds. It's a different ballgame down here.

Edited by Burning Babies