Looking for a Campground for 1 Week

For the last week of August my grandparents and I are going camping and fishing for a week. We have one problem, we don't know where to go. We want to go North/North East of Oshawa and are not wanting to travel much more than a 3 hours(by car). Also we do not want to go to any Provinical Parks.

So if there are any suggestions of any good privately owned campgrounds that you know of(must have good bass fishing) can you tell me. Include a site if available.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Limerick Lake is a very good bass lake and is within your driving range.

These guys are a good outfit and have nice private campsites: http://www.limericklodge.com/index.html

That immediate area has the highest concentration of quality bass waters in southern Ontario. Steenburg and Mephisto lakes are just a couple more that pop to mind...

Cheers

Just spent the weekend at Depot Lakes Conservation area. Depot Lakes They have a mainland campground and another 20 boat/canoe access sites. Pretty nice place with 3 lakes and good bass fishing and pike and walleye as well. Only got in about an hour of fishing since we were up that way looking at some properties, but I got a few small sm bass and one sm that tipped the scales at 2.5 lbs not bad for not knowing the lake.

You could also try out this place Pineridge Resort I've been going there since I was a kid and both my personal best large and small mouth are from that lakeas well as cottages they also have a campground. I'll be up there the last week of August with the family.

jjcanoe

Edited by jjcanoe