Skunked in Bloomingdale!!!

markiemark70

Spent the last 4.5 hours in Bloomingdale at the old quarries, and got totally skunked. Tried every colour Senko in my kit, Gulp minnows, X-Rap, & Jitterbug all to no avail. Im was wacky rigging, texas rigging (with skinhook of course!!), flippin off lilypads & rocks, and not a bite.

Got my hopes up around 8 when a local told me about the "secret, off limits" pond that had all the bass in it, but I got skunked there as well.

But you know what, I am not complaining, because I got to spend 4 hours fishing, and I know that I tried my best, but sometimes the fish just aint cooperatin'.

Peace

Hey Mark,

Most of my shore reports end up like yours...but when the fish are on, it makes all those skunks worth it. I fish after work most evenings to relieve the day's stress....if catching something happens then all the better. At the end of the day though, the relaxation and time spent with my wife (who is with me every time) is what it's really all about.

Those ponds receive lots of fishing pressure. I've always had better luck in the spring there when fishing for crappie. You could always fish the river there for smallies, or try live bait for the many carp in the ponds.

Edited by jediangler

I was there on saturday just before the rain.

Didnt even know those ponds were there untill my buddy called me and told me about it.

Caught buncha sunfish and some perch.

Saw a fisherman across pull something big out, Thought it was a carp at first but it was silver.