lake Dalrymple

Newfieman

It was around 12:00 p.m. Friday I got off work early and I had an itch I needed to scratch. So I hooked up the boat to the truck and called Fishing Fool. We decided to go up to lake Dalrymple for some pike action. We were in the water by 3:30 and headed to one of our lucky spots. Within minutes Fishing fool had his first pike on. It was not long after that a 3.5 lb large mouth hammered my spinner bait. We decided to throw some husky jerks and the fun had begun. We ended up pulling in 10 pike throughout the afternoon. What an afternoon of fishing.

Dalrymple_Pike_001__Small_.jpgDalrymple_Pike_002__Small_.jpg

Dalrymple_Pike_003__Small_.jpgDalrymple_Pike_004__Small_.jpg

Dalrymple_Pike_005__Small_.jpg

Nice fish guys, can't think of a better way to spend a friday afternoon!

Do you mind if I ask how deep you were fishing at Dalrymple? I've gone out there twice since bass opener and have only caught a 12" largie from some lily pads. Been throwing the spinnerbaits and no pike neither.

Hey Victor

Next time you are going out, let me know and I will tell you a couple of spots to try for Walleye and Pike.

I did the PikeMania Tournament there two years ago and we did quite well, probably got about 20 pike for the day. White seems to be the colour on that lake.