Chemong Lake Report - Sat July 12

ccmtcanada

Skeeter invited us up to his trailer up on Chemong Lake on Saturday, so Bly and I (and our little one), packed up the car and after a quick stop at Tim Horton's, we were on the road and arrived at 11am. We were greeted by Skeeter outside the park and went up to meet his wife and son.

My little one found out that they had 2 cats....one of those being a very young kitten! That was it for her....she was inside playing with that kitten and we didn't hear from her until it was time for lunch. Here's a pic of the two of them later that night.

kitten.jpg

Tracker (Don) showed up a little while later and we all sat on the porch, exchanging life and fishing stories! The time just slipped by, and after a bbq lunch, taking the little one to the swimming pools and more talking it was already 5pm!! Originally, Bly was going to stay back and fish the docks with our daughter, and maybe practise casting with a new baitcaster setup that Fishnsled gave her. Skeeter's wife chimed in and told her that if she was comfortable with it, that she could take her to the docks and occupy her time if Bly wanted to head out with us. You can tell when she is having a great time, because she barely looked up from the kitten and she said "Ok...see you later".

We got out on the water at around 530. The weather had looked threatening from time to time, but the storms never arrived! We got down to the docks and I said "So, who's fishing with who?". It took Skeeter one second to yell out "Bly's with me and we're going to kick your @#$!". Well ok then!! :lol:

It didn't take long for the fish catching to start. We looked over at Skeeter to him land a nice sized walleye. :thumbsup_anim: I had the camera...so no pics. We began to drift...the conditions at the beginning were perfect...choppy water, overcast skies...we were hoping to have some nice Walleye fillets!! A little while later, I hooked into this nice sized eater! Into the livewell it goes.

cliffwalleye.jpg

We drifted for the rest of the evening...periodically adjusting and while we didn't see any more walleye, we got into some fish. The winds picked up as the evening wore on...so the drifting was faster and faster...I think that affected our walleye hook-ups.

Tracker with a HUGE bass...

trackerbass.jpg

Me with a scrappy one....

cliffbass-2.jpg

My crappie...

cliffcrappie.jpg

Tracker's nice sized one!!

trackercrappie.jpg

We kept calling over to Skeeter's boat asking how they were doing. By the time the sun was setting, they said they had 7 and released some smaller ones. WOW!!! We had one that we kept...but jeez...what were they using? When we asked, Skeeter said "I'll tell you back at the docks...." :lol:

We finally got back to the docks at around 930, we rush over to see all these walleye they boated. The stringer comes out of the water and we do indeed see 7 fish. ONE walleye, ONE bass and 5 Crappie....LOL. They intentionally let us believe they were slamming the walleye. Skeeter's justification was "We didn't say WHAT we'd kick your @#$! at" LOL.

Tracker and I threw back just as many crappie and bass that they had on their stringer. Anyhow...a great laugh, but the mosquitoes were literally swarming us, so off to the trailer. Here are a few pics of the end of the night.

trackercliff.jpg

blyskeetercatches.jpg

We had a GREAT time....thank you so much Skeeter and family. Your hospitality was amazing....and since you invited us back up again, we'll be in touch!! Always a pleasure seeing you Tracker...it's never a dull moment when OFNers can get together like that.

Great report!!!! I love the little competitions that always seem to flare up whenever people get together to go fishing. It never fails... I caught the first fish... or the most species.... or the biggest... or the most.... never fails... all great fun... your daughter is so cute... surprised she broke away from the kitten to fish!!! hahaha

Great report!!!! I love the little competitions that always seem to flare up whenever people get together to go fishing. It never fails... I caught the first fish... or the most species.... or the biggest... or the most.... never fails... all great fun... your daughter is so cute... surprised she broke away from the kitten to fish!!! hahaha

Yeah...I know what you mean....I put my coat on first and they said "Wusses". Then Tracker and I headed in first because of some little engine trouble, they finally headed in. They wouldn't be the first to head to the docks...LOL.

Hey Cliff - Great fishing with you and Bly. Offer stands - we are up there pretty much every weekend from now till after Thanksgiving, so drop by anytime.

For the record - Cliff and I were targeting quality, while Bly and Dann went for quantity!

Had a great time both fishing and chatting with you guys. Look forward to the next time!

Don

:thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Very nice pickerel! Some decent crappie too! I only fished Chemong once but the average crappie was about 4inches.lol