Going to buy Fish Finder2mmorow.Need suggestion asap

idesign

hello guys

i am going tomorrow to BPS to get new fish finder.can any1 tell me which 1 should i get.i don't want very high tech .The basic which does job perfect would be enough for me.fish finder with speed meter would be really good.i am willing to spend around $180.pls reply asap.thx

also is the any other way other then fish finder & gps to measure speed of the boat.i wana see if my boat can troll.

hello guys

i am going tomorrow to BPS to get new fish finder.can any1 tell me which 1 should i get.i don't want very high tech .The basic which does job perfect would be enough for me.fish finder with speed meter would be really good.i am willing to spend around $180.pls reply asap.thx

also is the any other way other then fish finder & gps to measure speed of the boat.i wana see if my boat can troll.

don't buy tomorrow, but wait untill you have time to research

don't buy tomorrow, but wait untill you have time to research

Well said......Hope its listened to.

NewAngler...I, like many others spent countless hours researching most all equip. we purchase then if opinions are still required you should pretty much have it narrowed down and know of what you ask.

Yep, researching is the best way to go. For example I think they have a basic fishfinder for $70 (Eagle Cuda 168)at Bass Pro (online only) that is not a bad choice. Guaranteed you will spend $130 at BPS and end up with the same unit quality.

There are lots of posts on buying a fishfinder around. A lot of people like the Lowrance x97 and the new Fishin Buddy series (not the old fishin buddy series) looks really good if it suits your application.

Research the item you will have to live with it.

forrest

I personally like Humminbird brand, but that's just me.

Most sonars are pretty much the same nowadays. What I would recommend is getting one with a wide beam transducer, triple or quadruple beam. It increases the amount of water you can "read" with the finder.

A GPS will be much better for speed monitoring, especially for trolling!

Guest lundboy

Yes most speed sensors will use a paddle wheel, and will not register very accurately (if at all) below 2 or 3 miles per hour, so if you want to use it to measure trolling speed it's not the way to go.

here's a great deal if you can get it:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lowrance-LMS-322-Sonar-...idZp1638Q2em122

It doesn't say it includes the GPS receiver puck, or network cables though. The unit originally came with these, and could be quite costly to buy separate.

Edited by lundboy