My Daughters

zman

Two girls, huh? Man are you in trouble in 10 years! :D

Sometimes I'm glad I don't have kids cause they would likely be girls with my luck ... and then I would be on the porch with a shotgun every night.

All because I remember what I was like as a teenage boy. :glare: That would scare the begeezus out of me. :)

My little one started fishing this past summer....she's 4 and we had to bribe her off of docks after being out from noon til 9pm!!! Here's a picture of her first fish....caught on her Barbie fishing rod. I'm lucky...my wife loves fishing as much as I do, so we make it a family outing as much as possible.

gallery_60_23_14154.jpg

Notice the cord tied around the rod?? Just wanted to make sure it didn't end up in the water...the other end was tied to the dock....hehe.

Notice the cord tied around the rod?? Just wanted to make sure it didn't end up in the water...the other end was tied to the dock....hehe.

Good idea, a friend of mine suggested I take her son out for fishing soon (well, next summer now) and that would be a good way to keep the rod & reel from ending up on the bottom of the lake...

Mike

Great shot of your daughters zman, make the most of them because no sooner than you know it there on their way.

Our two have the same age gap but are 20 (Kerri) and 18 (Lynsey), it only seems like yesterday they were that age.

Rick's right about what arrives on the doorstep when they are older, just bring them up right and the rest follows. :unsure:

Mick

Yup all great pics,,

& for sure make the most of it because as someone previously said they grow up very very fast.

My eldest is 23 Daughter. I have three sons youngest being 17.

And not to snipe.......but little ones should allways have a floater jacket on near water.

So many times i see small children here up on the pier with parents with out floater jackets on.....and that scares the bejeebers out of me.

And not to snipe.......but little ones should allways have a floater jacket on near water.

So many times i see small children here up on the pier with parents with out floater jackets on.....and that scares the bejeebers out of me.

Couldn't agree more...the dock in the first pic I posted in this thread comes up to about your knees...the water was so shallow the dock was practically sitting on the bottom of the pond. When at a pier or anywhere where water is even a little deep, or it's a long way to the water, she has her PFD on!!!!

gallery_60_23_19230.jpg

GOOD TO SEE CC

We have a perch fishing derby here every yr in April......Parents bring lots of the kids down for it which i think is awesome. I love to see the little ones outside be it fishing what ever.

WHAT I DO NO LIKE IS SEEING SO MANY WITH OUT THERE FLOATER JACKETS ON....

The channel that leads out to the lake can get pretty busy. April last yr were alot of boats in and out. More than usual because we had such a mild winter and no ice.

Only takes two seconds for a child to fall in.......a few yrs ago a 18 yr boy was killed here in dover right in the channel.

Fell in the channel as the harbour princess was coming in. The pull from the propellers sucked him under the water and well you can imagine.

A grlfreind of mine was working on the boat at the time it happened.....She said it all happened so quick. And this was a 18 yr old boy,. Not a small child.

I think its great to take kids fishing but i also think it is very important to keep them safe and teach them also about saftey around the water.

Good idea, a friend of mine suggested I take her son out for fishing soon (well, next summer now) and that would be a good way to keep the rod & reel from ending up on the bottom of the lake...

Mike

Yes...the package said that rod floats....we thought GREAT!!! Trouble is when the reel is on it, the thing sinks....LOL. What's the point???