Ahmic lake camping trip july 4th to 6th

My inlaws were kind enough to watch our 2 year old for the week while my wife and i went back to work last week. Taking advantage of the babysitting we went to magnetawan and camped on ahmic lake this weekend.

My awesome wife!

july6th2008019.jpg

Me having a beer friday evening thinking about all the fish i'm going to try to catch in the morning

july6th2008020.jpg

We had a great time and she did come out on the boat with me for a couple hours over the weekend! She was quite happy to sit in a chair and let me go fishing! So i was out at 5 am saturday morning. It was chilly but well worth getting up early.

First fish was a scrappy 2 pounder.

july6th2008026.jpg

Ended up catching a few of these over the couple days i was fishing.

july6th2008027.jpg

Lots of these smaller scrappy guys

july6th2008032.jpg

july6th2008033.jpg

july6th2008041.jpg

july6th2008039.jpg

Sunsetting saturday night!

july6th2008024.jpg

Early Sunday i was out on the water for 445am. What a great morning! It was sooooo peaceful

Sun rising

july6th2008058.jpg

Video of the sun rising. I sat for about 10 minutes watching it come up. It was a relaxing experience and a great way to start the morning.

th_july6th2008056.jpg

Got into about 15 of these little guys this morning in about 2 hours. Wasn't any size to any of these guys but they sure were fun to catch.

th_july6th2008040.jpg

Overall it was a great couple days with my wife. We had a great time at night, playing games, drinking beer with the other campers and I had a blast fishing ahmic lake. Best guess would be about 40 fish between saturday and this morning. Nothing big like i'm used to on ahmic but all really fun to catch! I didn't even make the run to the east side of the lake for walleye which was my main goal this weekend.

Relaxing tonight at the inlaws and going to hit nipissing in the morning!

Cheers!

Great to see all those fish coming out on Ahmic!! You wouldn't happen to be around up there betwen August 14 and 18th would you?? LOL.

Great pics and videos...those sunset/sunrises are amazing...nothing like seeing those in that setting.

Thanks for the tips on the area up there...hope to have some fish to show for it next month!!

Have a blast at Nipissing too.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great pics and nice vids. The lake looks and sounds nice and peaceful. Ronnyellis?? Wasn't that an old leaf hockey player?