Second Ski in two weeks

After last weekend when I caught a nice muskie which broke my net, I decided that Eric and I would head back to Constance bay and try our luck again. We met up with Steve (Troutnmuskiehunter) and the 3 Amigos who were already out for several hours by the time we got out. They had a couple of strikes but no hookups.

It was a beautiful day, sunny, hot and not much wind. We tried for muskie for an hour or so and then decided to switch things up and trolled smaller cranks. We got a few pike and a couple of bass but nothing of any size.

We were just about to quit the Bay and head over to Buchams when my rod doubles over, I grabbed it and told Eric " This is a good fish " all the while hoping it was a muskie, I didnt want to jinx myself saying I thought it was a muskie. It was a great fight and peeled alot of line. Once it got closer to the boat Eric was ready with " The replacement net " for the one that was broken last week by a nice muskie. She finally gave up and Eric scooped her up and now I have a new PB muskie and a nice pic this time so here it is.

constancebaysatjuly5th2008018.jpg

Jediangler, not sure the length or weight, I wanted to get her back into the water as quick as possible. It was a fairly long fight on a walleye trolling rod with 10lb test P-line so she was a bit tired. we figured she was in the low 40's".