Bought a nice baitcaster

bassjnkie

"HI, MY NAME IS DANIEL, AND I AM HIGHLY ADDICTED" Went shopping yesterday and spent my life savings, LOL. I went to LeBaron, bought a 6 of new SRO frogs, tube weight-rattles, some palstics, jigs and so on.... I then went to Fishing Depot (I personally love this store) and bought a bunch of buzzbaits, spinner baits, and my new born, a Daiwa 153HSTLA super tuned, swept handle and all.

I recomend this baitcaster to anyone.

No way, the drag isn't strong enough. A 30lb will tear it to shreads. It is a sweet reel though, I have 6 Daiwas and this one out performs them all. I like the Daiwa reels so much, I bought 3 carp reels, from the UK.

Anyways, I recommend the Advantage,

Daniel

I believe Beans has got Carp-itis!!! :Gonefishing:

You're right Dawg...it happens right after my alarm goes off on my bank stick and I feel the rush of of my first carp of the season... :rolleyes:

I've had some TDA's and various TDA based reels and i think the lockdown on them is 9# or 10#, like for most reels around that size. Since you generally set the drag to about 1/3 the breaking strength of the line, it should be okay for that carp. If i remember right, the TDA uses a nice 7 disc drag stack making it one of the smoothest around.