Kings June 30th Ashbridges Bay - Bluffers

We finally launched the "Vanilla Gorilla" after missing out on the Spring bite this year. Paul and I were really excited to finally hook into some kings. The weather was great with light South West winds at 5-10Km/h. The temperature was very cool and so was the water temperature. We had surface temperatures of 52C with temperatures at the ball of 42C only down 35 feet.

We caught the first fish on a Wire Dipsey out 122 feet on a # 3 setting on a DW spoon. It was a beautiful 20+ pound fish.

_DSC0493.jpg

The next fish was this 18 pound screamer that took out 300 feet of wireline, who also succumbed to the exact same setup.

_DSC0495.jpg

We proceeded to catch three other fish with the largest being this 28 pound behemoth. This fish spooled off 200 feet of wireline on a meat and flasher setup. I was shocked to see it catapult itself completely out of the water after taking that huge initial run. It is pretty rare to see a king that large jump (at least in my experience). It took me a true 20 minutes to land this beast. I was shocked to see it break the 25 pound mark. I fished all year last year and never landed a fish over 25 pounds. There was a guy in my boat who did though AARON SHIRLEY!!!!!!!!! I even had to wake him up to take the rod.

_DSC0496.jpg

It was a great day on the water and a great way to start off the 2008 Summer Salmon Season. With fish this big so early on in the season I hope to see a lucky angler finally break the 40-50 pound mark. Good luck

Vanilla Gorilla "On the side"

Ouch.. them are huge.. nice catch... Ive only been out for them a couple of times, but I tell ya, its a rush ti have them big ones on! Nice report, Thanks!