Nippissing Trip

blaque

Hello folks, brand new here.......ive seen some of you on other boards, couple familiar faces anyway. Anyhoo, my first question for the board is this....... Im planning a trip up to Nippissing this May/June and IM having a hard time investigating somewhere to stay. Any folks out there with any ideas for a week long stay on the Lake would be great. I dont need an "A" frame waterfront log cabin......but i would like a clean cabin on the water with a boat dock. Just a shot in the dark guys, thanks in advance......looking forward to conversing with a new group here! :santa:

Also the other end of the lake is Promised Land Camp,Tom Rae Lodge,Sunset Cove,Sunlit Bay, Waltonian Inn and a host of others. If you decide to stay at the south shore side give me a pm and I will assist if you like.

Edited by Nipissing

I like Nanmark. Good people and a great location.

It is in Callendar Bay on Nippissing...

Terry & Liz Hyatt

340 Lighthouse Road

Callander, ON

P0H 1H0

(705) 752.3125

[email protected]

Sherriff

Is there another Hyatt in the Calander area... I think it's Rob Hyatt and he runs a good ship. Been to his bungalow's the last few years(not this year of course)

We meaning my family have stayed at Promised Land camp a couple of years in a row untill we bought our own cottage!!!... it's not a bible camp!!! Frank and Claire do a great job of making sure you have everything you need. Cottages are very clean the grounds are the same if you haven't fished Nippising Frank will show you spots and is very informative as to what to use and the depth to fish and look for.

Good Luck

Ken

• 3 months later...
We meaning my family have stayed at Promised Land camp a couple of years in a row untill we bought our own cottage!!!... it's not a bible camp!!! Frank and Claire do a great job of making sure you have everything you need. Cottages are very clean the grounds are the same if you haven't fished Nippising Frank will show you spots and is very informative as to what to use and the depth to fish and look for.

Good Luck

Ken

indeed i also have stayed there frank and claire are amazing hosts i would give that place a A+++++! :Gonefishing:

Bayview Camp & Cottages

FISH SPECIES: walleye

muskellunge

largemouth bass

smallmouth bass

perch, pike

BODIES OF WATER: Lake Nipissing

Callander Bay

35 Camp Road RR1

Callander, ON P0H 1H0

PH: 705-752-2095 1-877-752-2095 FAX: 705-752-2281

EMAIL: [email protected]

i stayed at this place last year. clean and right on the water. good fishing there. my avatar is pb walley by the islandspfb

Edited by panfisherboy

been to a few of the mentioned places above..... 2 that i have stayed at are sandy haven and Adventure camp ohio.... both are same in terms of the cabin quality, cleans and simple.... Tv's in both.... only difference is that sandy haven gives you the option to upgrade your boat to a nice one if your renting and it's right on the lake.....Adventure camp ohio is on the south river and boats are simple 16ft with a 15 on the back....

other info Sandy haven is more expensive, adventure camp ohio is cheaper..... camp ohio also includes all the gas in the boat rental!!!